Do you use 3G on your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3bs, Aug 23, 2011.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Do you have it on all the time or turn it on when you want to do certain things? I have it on all the time and turn on wifi when I'm at home. I'm asking because I'm not happy with the fact that I have to charge my iPhone 4 every day and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I really do hope the iPhone 5 has a better battery life.

2. Retops macrumors regular

I run 3G constantly, even at home. I do charge nightly.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

when i am in a 3g area with wifi in the same area i always turn 3g off. i get better reception on edge as it is, and it doesn't waste as much batter

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

When i'm home - WiFi
    When I'm out I use 3G - not a big battery problem. :D

5. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I guess maybe it could be because I'm using my iPhone a lot lately and not necessarily because I'm using 3G although I'm sure that's not helping

6. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I use wifi at home and work. When I go out, I'll use free wifi when available, but if not... AT&T 3G. If AT&T 3G isn't available, I'll use my Verizon mifi 4G LTE/3G.

7. j0shimself macrumors newbie

j0shimself

Use 3G all day everyday at work. When at home I use wifi. I charge my phone nightly and 1 or 2 times during the day. I have a charger at my desk at work.

8. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

3G itself is a battery waster. I usually turn off data anyway (home for most of the summer), which really extends battery life on my iPhone 3G. My 3G can usually last up to 3 days before it needs charging. IF I keep data on with EDGE, then I usually get 1 - 2 days if I use it heavily, or if I use a lot on one day...

By the way, turning on WiFi is also decreasing battery life on top of 3G... No wonder why you have to charge a lot...

9. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

WiFi and 3G are always on on mine. I use the 3G while at work and then it automatically connects to my wifi network when I get home. I sometimes have to charge during the day, but not very often. It almost always works out perfect that I am just about dead when I go to bed so an overnight charge gets me ready for the next day.