Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Well

• Yes i do in bed

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Yes i do at a desk

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • No i dont

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Yea i carry one with me everywhere my ipad goes

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Misskitty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I never did until today. Got a smoking hot deal on a ultimate ears mini boombox for $40. Theyre regular $130. Infact i bought two it was such a hot deal. Stuck one on my nightstand and wow, for now on when im watching videos or listening to music in bed on the ipad, this boombox will be used. The ipad airs speaker is quite good but doesnt compare to this boombox. It just makes things more enjoyable in Bed. Even for games its great. Well worth $40. The other one will be in my purse and on the go.

Does anyone else use a bt speaker when in bed?

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
My hifi is bluetooth. Great to listen to in bed on a Sunday morning.

Comment

has.marvel

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2012
I have a Belkin BT adapter hooked into my Bose Wave and then play it from my iPad while exercising. Sounds better to my ears than the Bose Soundlink which I also tried with BT. Everyone's ears are different but an external speaker will sound better. A good set of earphones will probably sound even better since BT is supposed to do some compression on the stream (I read that somewhere, not sure it is even true but sounds reasonable).

Comment

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Yes, I use a Logitech Mini Boombox with my iPad rMini. Love it. I use it to watch/listen to my tv shows, movies , music when cooking breakfast, dinner, in bed, etc.... Will always have one.

Comment

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
The miracle of sound from something 20x the thickness of an ipad!
And quite amazing that somebody figured out you can plug something besides earbuds into that little hole on the side. Brilliant!

Comment

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
Comment

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I voted no but I did get a soundlink mini for hubby this Christmas. He loves it, it's pretty amazing. I do use Bluetooth earbuds 90% of the time personally as to not disturb anyone else.

Comment

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I never did until today. Got a smoking hot deal on a ultimate ears mini boombox for $40. Theyre regular $130. Infact i bought two it was such a hot deal. Stuck one on my nightstand and wow, for now on when im watching videos or listening to music in bed on the ipad, this boombox will be used. The ipad airs speaker is quite good but doesnt compare to this boombox. It just makes things more enjoyable in Bed. Even for games its great. Well worth $40. The other one will be in my purse and on the go.

Does anyone else use a bt speaker when in bed?

Those Mini boombox are excellent, with a good 10 hour battery life.

You got an excellent price.

Comment

Gaelic2

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Mountains of N. California
I only use Air Play and get great sound without interruptions. I have a set of Pioneer speakers and also Yamaha surround sound speakers I use for TV . I use either opt all, depending on circumstances.
I gave away my boom box speakers to my grand daughter a year ago.

Comment

brightjc@me.com

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
UK
EarPods

I don't like to disturb my wife so I rarely use the built in speaker for my iPad and iPhone so when listening to music on my iPhone or watching videos on my iPad (it's usually that way around) I use the EarPods that came with my iPhone 5s.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.