iPhone X Do you use a case on iPhone X ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vhl71, Feb 22, 2018.

1. vhl71 macrumors 6502

I’ve never used a case on any of my phones. But this one seems very slippery in my hands. With the gorgeous glass look of the phone , should I put a case on it to cover?

What’s everyone else doing??

2. raqball macrumors 68000

I have a matte white dbrand skin on the back of my Silver 64GB X.. Cuts back on print smudges everywhere and makes the phone a little easier grip wise.

Hate cases and there is no way I am slapping one on this beaut...

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

This is the first phone I've put a case on. With how expensive it is to replace either glass, I figured a case was a good idea. It does make me feel a little icky though.

4. vhl71 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you post a pic of this skin if you dont mind.
    I also have have the ha silver one

5. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

6. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I just ordered a matte black dbrand skin for the back of my X as well. I'm not a fan of cases, but my X has slipped out of my hands way too many times (though I have AC+). So hopefully the skin will allow me to grip my phone better and not worry about it taking a spill on the ground.

7. bingeciren, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018

bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

I use it with an Apple leather case. I tried a lot of cases from 3rd party suppliers and even tried the silicone case from Apple but in the end I settled on the Apple leather case. It is the least obtrusive case in my opinion while providing a solid protection. It also works wonderfully with a magnetic dash holder with the thin steel plate hidden inside the case.

Silicone provides a good protection but it is bulkier than the leather case and it turns my pocket inside out every time I pull the phone out.

8. raqball macrumors 68000

Sorry I don't have another camera handy at the moment to snap a photo. It comes with 2 skins in the order. One is for the back only and the other has protection for the back and sides. I used the back only one and it looks great. I also went with the version that has the cutout for the Apple logo.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Yes, I use a case and it's a must for me. I don't like getting my devices scratched up.

10. Ffosse macrumors 68000

Yes, I have the Apple saddle-brown leather case.

I have gone caseless on other (far cheaper) devices before, but wouldn't risk it on the pricey X.

11. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I am using an Apple Saddle Brown leather case. I rotate it with my Black or Cosmos Blue Apple leather cases.

12. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

13. KrisLord macrumors 65832

I bought the Apple leather case which protects the back, but missed the premium feel of actually holding the phone itself. It felt too chunky in use and not enough of an upgrade from a 7 plus.

I bought a leather pouch and now mainly use that. (From sena cases)

It means it’s protected in my trousers but it’s naked when in use.

I’d used the same case on my iPhone years ago, I think with my iPhone 5 so knew I’d like it.

14. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

I initially wasn’t going to but knowing my luck I dropped my X on the cement the day I got it. Luckily I had a case on as it dropped flat on its back which would have cost me $500+ to fix lol

15. MarcMller macrumors regular

I have the saddle brown apple leather case on it now but i take it off and use the x without a case a lot. I'm very careful with my phones and the x without a case is the best.

16. lynchdavidh macrumors member

lynchdavidh

Everyone I know with an iPhone X uses a case. They paid $1000+ for their new iPhone, why not spend another ~$20 to keep it protected?

17. bevsb2 macrumors 68000

I've used the Apple leather cases on all my phones and have one on the X. It's a shame to cover it up, but it won't look good with scratches or broken. I really like the fit and feel of the leather case and I've dropped phones in the past with only scuffing of the case and absolutely no damage to the phone.

18. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

Absolutely. The first thing I did was buy a case. Now I have an Apple Saddle Brown leather and a Vaja Agenda MG in Saddle Tan. I always keep my phone in a case. As soon as I don't is when I will drop and break it.

19. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

Yes. I'm far to much of a chickens**t to use the phone without a case when out and about. The Apple leather case works just fine, so that's what I'm going with.

At home, the phone does go naked at times.

20. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Yeah I drop my phone too much. Usually small drops from my seat or something, but still don't want to risk it with this thing. I currently rock the red Apple leather case or the clear case from Spigen.

21. CYKBC macrumors 6502

Because cases suck

22. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I refuse to buy a glass iPhone. It’s a horrible material to use on a mobile device as important as your mobile phone.

23. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

24. zafaraliyougt Suspended

zafaraliyougt

Must use iPhone case for your iPhone because that very sleepy iPhone i have seen.

25. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You Put yourself in your own predicament if you refuse to use a case and yet you believe a glass iPhone is a horrible design decision. The reality is no iPhone regardless of what it’s constructed of it’s glass or aluminum is safe from a drop. It’s about the protection that you have and that’s why you have insurance with AppleCare.