Do you use a case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tock172, Nov 1, 2011.

1. tock172 macrumors newbie

Since I bought my MacBook pro (April 2010) I have been using the Speck See Thru Satin Snap On Case. I am decently happy with it, and after 1.5 years of use, I can see it has done a good job of protecting my MBP.

However after keeping a case on the computer so long, I began to find myself craving to use it without the case in the bare aluminum. Lately I have been toying with the idea of removing the speck case for good and using this sleeve when transporting my macbook, but I have yet to make up my mind.

So, do you use a case? If so what kind? I love the bare aluminum unibody, but I just can't leave the house with it unless it's in a case.

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

I did the same thing as you, basically. I only use my case when I'm working somewhere the MBP is liable to get hit or scratched.

I put mine in a Incase neoprene sleeve.

3. Mersailios macrumors regular

My MacBook Pro is typically at home on my desk so I'm not too worried about it getting damaged or scratched, but when I'm on the go I do put it inside of an Incase Neoprene Sleeve and then a briefcase style bag to carry the computer itself along with any accessories or items that I may need on the road.

4. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Not anymore, I used too but I took it off because it looked cheap.

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Always 24/7.
    A speck see thru case and neoprene sleeve for outside carrying.
    The reason why I keep it on is when I was thinking to take the speck off, I accidentally hit the side of my door with my MBP and would of scratched it without speck. So I decided to keep it on and later on, I ended up with 4 scratches on my case.

For outside carry, neoprene case is o protect from dropping or hitting stuff on my way walking.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Nope but do whatever you prefer.

7. jdsingle macrumors regular

I just ordered my Speck case and a neoprene sleeve for it. People at school have a tendency to not pay attention to what they are doing.

8. MacsAreBetter\ macrumors member

MacsAreBetter\

I had the InCase shell case for a while, but had a few problems with it. It made the MBP significantly thicker, trapped dirt under the cover resulting in scratching / staining and gave the MBP a cheap, ugly look.

However, since it was non-transparent black, it covered up the backlight powered Apple at the back. It's very useful for places where you really don't want people to know you're using one (e.g. Windows conferences, bad neighbourhoods)

Now I use a Toffee black leather sleeve. Works perfectly.

9. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I have a speck case...

I can put stickers and such all over it and not hurt resale value..

It makes it look cheap, but thats my personality

10. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

I never use a case

What is the purpose? It added thickness, looks cheap, I agree with the above poster, it trapped dusts inside it so it causes slight scratches. I used Wrapsol instead. Simple problem solution.

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

naked ftw. although my gf just bought the spek shield last night.

12. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Because everyone and their sister base a white apple logo on their computer...I have CIB over my apple logo...few have that...

13. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

14. randomrazr macrumors 65816

my speck case looks sexy on my macbook :)

Attached Files:

15. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

16. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I would never use a case (I don't use cases on any of my devices except my iPad 2). However I do have an incase neoprene sleeve to put it in when I am carrying it to class or anywhere else.

17. Minhthien macrumors 6502

I been using this one without any issue! Very stylist!

Attached Files:

18. fireman32 macrumors 6502a

I use the Speck case and I love it. Not only does it protect my MBP when you are working with it on a table it is a lot more nonslip then the bare machine.

19. iMacC2D, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  20. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I don't use one of those Speck or Incase snap on cases on my MacBook. when traveling though I did use a Disney neoprene case and/or a laptop bag. Recently though I picked up a really cool THULE attaché from the Apple Store that holds my MacBook and iPad and still has room for the power supply and iPhone. This case is the perfect size for the MacBook Pro and iPad. They have this case available for either the 13" or 15" MacBooks.

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My MBP is naked as the day it was born :p

I have little to no scratches and I make sure I take care of it, so that it doesn't get nicked up.

22. stuworrall macrumors newbie

i wasnt going to use a case on mine but whilst browswing my local curry's discount store the other day I found a clear speck case for £2.97! Suffice to say im now trying it out but I did manage to trap 3 of my chocolate labs hairs underneath! :D