Do you use a hard case on your MacBook?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AndrewMRiv, Dec 12, 2013.

1. AndrewMRiv macrumors regular

AndrewMRiv

I ordered a sleeve and a hard case around the same time as my new MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display and I can't get myself to put the hardshell case on the beautiful MacBook Pro.

Do you use them or do you feel that they are not necessary as long as you are careful?

2. ender78 macrumors 6502

An immaculate MBP without scratches will have better resale value if you ever get rid of it. I'd rather scratch the case than the machine itself. I have a case on all my mobile Apple devices.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I rarely use my MBP in situations where it would get scratched. In transit it's always in my nicely padded backpack. I think hardshell cases are ugly. I do use cases on my iphone and iPad because they are carried openly and I prefer a more solid grip.

4. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Me too, which is why I don't use one. I just throw my MBP in my backpack and it seems to be padded enough. Whenever I get a new lappy i'll probably buy a sleeve for it.

5. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I use the speck one, I like it, it's peace of mind for me. I like how the apple logo glows through the plastic too.

6. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

I have a clear Spec on my 15R. Even though I am 100% careful with my computers, in the past I have managed to accidentally set it down on the magsafe adapter scratching the bottom, or having the computer rub against the zipper of my coat.

Never a huge scratch but that is why I decided to put a case on my current macbook that looks like it just came out of the box.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It's a matter of preference. You need to decide for yourself versus polling.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I like aluminum so I would never use a case. A sleeve and bag should suffice.