Do you use a keyboard cover?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by zas, Oct 12, 2013.

1. zas macrumors member

I just got my MBA but can't seem to find a good cover. Do you guys use one? I mean do I really need one ? :confused:

2. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

As long as your hands aren't completely filthy and you don't eat right over your MacBook, you don't really need one.

I don't need it either, 3 different MacBooks over the last few years and not once I found my self in a situation where I needed it.

But it's nice to have though, that combined with the outer shell can ensure that your MacBook remains in a near flawless condition, which can help when/if you decide to sell it.

3. john556 macrumors newbie

It depend where I'm at. Most of the time I don't. However, if I'm working near another person, I will put the cover on just in case they decide to put their drink on the table or something. I use a "moshi." Be sure you get the right one. Rumor has it the keyboard space between the LCD vary a little and can cause problems.

4. mattbaar26 macrumors regular

I do sometimes and it has definitely saved me more than once. I got it for like $6 on Amazon and it's not a silicone one so your fingers can still slide over the keys. I can't recall the brand but it has hundreds of great reviews. You don't need to waste your money on a $20-$30 one

5. zas thread starter macrumors member

6. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

I didn't like the "cheap" cover feel while touch typing. The Moshi was the best one I found in terms of keyboard response for my taste.

7. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i bought the moshi pack - cover, keyboard cover, cleaner etc.
    the keyboard cover is perfectly adequate and there's nothing wrong with it - but i find myself hardly ever using it which does, after all, defeat the purpose.

i do love the rest of the stuff they sent though

8. esskay macrumors 6502

Any super fast touch typists out there? I am very fast on the keyboard, so keyboard feel is important to me. (if it gives an indication, I use mechanical keyboards when docked because they're so much better.)

However, I'm also OCD so the shine that my laptop's keyboard keycaps have taken on over time also bothers me.

Are there any keyboard covers that will satisfy OCD fast typists who wish all keyboards had mechanical switches? Is the Moshi good enough?

9. abz1981 macrumors 65816

I am a touch typist and used to use the moshi keyboard cover however I ended up getting rid of it. Typing naturally on the keyboard with no cover is so much better. Just don't eat or drink over your keyboard and then you will be absolutely fine.