Do you use a MBP with Thunderbolt Display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rocknblogger, Mar 16, 2012.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I'm using my MPB with a 27" LG display which I like very much. The one glaring problem is when it wakes from sleep (or boots/reboots) the MBP screen comes on first and then blinks off then my 27" turns on blinks once, comes back on and then I can finally log in. It's a real pain but after everything is up and running everything is fine.

My question as you can probably guess is, what is the wake sequence and experience like with the Thunderbolt display?

Thanks!

B.

2. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Really? No one here uses a Thunderbolt display with a MacBook Pro?

3. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

I have 2 TB Displays hooked up to my late '11 15"... It wakes up quickly as one would expect... However, if you're plugging the cable in and then waking up (or just plugging the cable in period) it takes a little longer, they have blue screens for a couple seconds, then kicks in.

4. barredfreak macrumors 6502

The wake time for a Thunderbolt display is practically non-existent. I hope that answers your question.

5. ELA2 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Click of the mouse or keyboard no more than 2 seconds later I'm up and running on my tb display. I also have an ssd which helps wake from hibernation.

6. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

i do. but I'm not using the 15 pro with the TBD as much as i did with my late air 11''. the 15'' screen is perfect. now my dad has the air, and he uses the TDB much more than i do