Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I had tremendous success with the crystal film for my iPad 1 and am looking to do the same for iPad 2.

Does anyone know why Power Support still has not released the Crystal Film for the iPad 2?

I need one of those badly. I'm freaking out that I'm getting nicks on my iPad and I can't determine if it's dirt or true nicks. My mind is playing tricks on me seriously. Otherwise the display is flawless. I would just feel better if I had that crystal film on.

I have seen threads on the Zagg but I'm not keen of it's adhesive method, and the no using it for 24 hours after application.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

Goaliegeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Colorado
I have a zagg on the back of my iPhone 4. Figured with the iPad 2, I'd change it up a bit. I got a Best Skins Ever full body set. I like it so far. Not orange peely. The back looks great. Just put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, cleaned the back and put the skin on. The corners were temperamental, but after a few minutes of drying and pushing them down, they stuck well and the back is perfect. The screen was a different story. No matter how hard I tried, I kept getting a hair or fuzz under the protector. Tried 4 times. 4th time was the best, but a still a few hairs. Nothing extremely bad, but distracts you, and even re wetting the skin doesn't take all the particles off. I like the feel though. Feels just like the regular screen. So, I'd recommend that. Also, BSE are based in Colorado, so yay for support local business (for me).

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I have a zagg on the back of my iPhone 4. Figured with the iPad 2, I'd change it up a bit. I got a Best Skins Ever full body set. I like it so far. Not orange peely. The back looks great. Just put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, cleaned the back and put the skin on. The corners were temperamental, but after a few minutes of drying and pushing them down, they stuck well and the back is perfect. The screen was a different story. No matter how hard I tried, I kept getting a hair or fuzz under the protector. Tried 4 times. 4th time was the best, but a still a few hairs. Nothing extremely bad, but distracts you, and even re wetting the skin doesn't take all the particles off. I like the feel though. Feels just like the regular screen. So, I'd recommend that. Also, BSE are based in Colorado, so yay for support local business (for me).

That's a good idea, however I still have trouble wetting and putting those types of screen protectors on my device. I guess I just am a slave to waiting for this Crystal Film. I'm not sure how it stays on, but it's magic. And when you remove it, it's like it was never on.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Answer from Power Support:

Hi,
Thank you for your email and interest in Power Support USA products. We will be offering iPad 2 Anti-Glare and Crystal Screen Film and anticipate it's availability in the middle of April.
In addition, we will be offering iPad 2 accessories. However, no timetable has been determined for these product launches.
Please sign up for our newsletter or check PowerSupportUSA.com for the latest information. Thank you for your support!

Lindsey
Power Support USA
1426 Flower St
Glendale Ca 91201

thompson11

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2009
I've heard good things about Ghost Armor and I'm planning on having front/back put on my iPad tomorrow at the mall.

npro1464

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I bought a Zagg screen protector from best buy today, but I couldn't get the thing on! The spray bottle wouldn't spray- has anyone had this problem? It looked as if there was something jamming the sprayer, maybe there's something there to plug it that's supposed to come out?

I don't know, I'm taking it back tomorrow. What is a good shield to get and where do I get it from?

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
I was also waiting for the Power Support as I love their screen protectors. We are leaving for a cruise and I did not want my son's iPad2 screen unprotected. I bought the Splash Masque Screen Protector from Amazon -- it was $15 and has 3 protectors in it.

I put it on a couple days ago and it works great. Very similar to the Power Support -- not a flimsy screen protector and it uses a static charge to hold it in place.

I was able to apply it correctly using the first film (usually have a learning curve and end up using 2). Easy to get the bubbles out (similar to Power Support). I did end up having a little piece of dust and a stray fiber that created bubbles. I used scotch tape to lift them off the film and lay it down again -- no problems and not one bubble anywhere. My son loves it.

I had planned on using this as a temporary until the Power Support films go on sale. Depending on how well this wears, may not need to change it.

Thrifty1

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
I also bought a silicone skin to protect the sides/back. The one I got him is: APPLE IPAD 2 SILICONE SKIN - BLACK, WITH TOUCHSCREEN STYLUS by QUBITS. It is $14.95 on Amazon and fits great.

To carry around (airport, ship, beach, etc.) I then got him a neoprene carrying case: Case Logic LNEO-10 Ultraportable Neoprene Notebook/iPad Sleeve (Black). It is $13 -- great bargain. It has a little extra room in the length / width so it will still fit the iPad2 if he gets a portfolio type case to put it in later. It also has a small pocket for his accessories (power adapter, cable, and stylus).

The iPad2 is now well protected for traveling.

Freakyshiat

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I bought a Zagg screen protector from best buy today, but I couldn't get the thing on! The spray bottle wouldn't spray- has anyone had this problem? It looked as if there was something jamming the sprayer, maybe there's something there to plug it that's supposed to come out?

I don't know, I'm taking it back tomorrow. What is a good shield to get and where do I get it from?

how much was it at best buy? front/back both?

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
None.

I have a tough time getting them on an iPhone without fuzz, hair, air bubbles or just crooked. I can imagine how difficult it would be getting one on something the size of an iPad with any degree of success.

I went naked with the iPad 1 and not one scratch. Hoping for the same luck with #2.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I just got a screen protector from iLuv from J&R. The quality is good, I have no complaints.

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I bought the Phantom skinz matte full body. The back is great, love the texture and hazy look it gives. The front I'll be looking to replace with a power support anti glare.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I installed a Power Support iPad 1 crystal film on my iPad 2 to get me by until their iPad 2 version is released. It's not a perfect fit but very close.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I was also waiting for the Power Support as I love their screen protectors. We are leaving for a cruise and I did not want my son's iPad2 screen unprotected. I bought the Splash Masque Screen Protector from Amazon -- it was $15 and has 3 protectors in it.

I put it on a couple days ago and it works great. Very similar to the Power Support -- not a flimsy screen protector and it uses a static charge to hold it in place.

I was able to apply it correctly using the first film (usually have a learning curve and end up using 2). Easy to get the bubbles out (similar to Power Support). I did end up having a little piece of dust and a stray fiber that created bubbles. I used scotch tape to lift them off the film and lay it down again -- no problems and not one bubble anywhere. My son loves it.

I had planned on using this as a temporary until the Power Support films go on sale. Depending on how well this wears, may not need to change it.

For these screen protectors...how did they ship? My mail carrier bends things to fit them in the mailbox (the screen protector I got off of eBay has a crease in it) so I am wondering if these come in a box or something.

X2468

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
I don't use a screen protector on my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4 for that matter. I've found they're very scratch resistant.

I slip my iPad into 12" neoprene laptop sleeve when I'm not using it. That way the entire device is protected and secure. It works great.

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I don't use a screen protector on my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4 for that matter. I've found they're very scratch resistant.

I slip my iPad into 12" neoprene laptop sleeve when I'm not using it. That way the entire device is protected and secure. It works great.

That's not accurate. I have a skin on my iPhone 4's back. My wife does not. There are scratches all over hers. Shine direct light on your iPhone and snap a pic. You will see tons of scratches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.