Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a screen protector with your iPad air 2?

• Yes, I do and I like it

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • No, I tried one and didn't like it so I removed it

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No, I dont

Votes: 36 54.5%

• Total voters

Mivo

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2015
Germany
When I got my first iPad (2nd gen), I fretted quite a bit about whether or not to get a screen protector. I eventually decided against it because I felt that it's counter-intuitive to get something with a great screen and then cover it up with a plastic film (or have to deal with bubbles or dust enclosures). It never got scratched in the two years of intense use, either. Same thing with the Nexus 7.

Now I picked up an Air 2, and fretted about it again, and I looked into tempered glass protectors. But one of the reasons I bought the device was the anti-glare surface, so it just doesn't make sense to use a protector, at least in my case. If I lugged around the iPad in a bag, I'd be more likely, but it doesn't really leave the house much.

I bought the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard which doubles as a "when not in use" cover. This should do. :) (I use protectors for gaming handhelds that don't have gorilla glass, though.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.