Do you use anything besides Handbrake?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MitchVegas, Sep 29, 2007.

1. MitchVegas macrumors newbie

Just a quick poll to see if anyone uses anything other than Handbrake to convert videos for their ipod touch....

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

handbrake for dvds, visual hub for converting from other codecs (ie avi)

3. Dimitryi macrumors newbie

4. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

5. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

visual hub, handbrake, mac the ripper, toast titanium...is there anything else i need?...of yes quicktime and VLC:D

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Mediafork and I put the settings in manually. Easily twice as fast as Handbrake with the same settings on all our computers from a 1.66GHz Mac mini to a 2.66GHz Mac Pro and everything in between.

Massively disappointed with Handbrake releases since they merged back in with Mediafork.

7. adamsweeting macrumors regular

Using Handbrake for VIDEO_TS folders, and Quicktime Pro (iPhone preset) for others.

8. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

Xilisoft video converter has never worked right for me , i purchased the Dvd to Ipod video converter and the video is ALWAYS choppy , and sometimes the audio and video are not synced up

9. RadioStar macrumors member

I use a Windows box.

DVD -> .mp4:

DVDFab HD Decrypter for the image, Handbrake for the .mp4 file.

.avi, .divx, etc -> .mp4

Videora; about the only one I've found that can do every .divx file without sound sync problems.

10. duraace macrumors member

My killer combination is Elgato EyeTV Hybrid to record TV shows and automatically export to iTunes in iPhone format, using Elgato's Turbo.264 USB hardware encoding device to speed up the process. I schedule shows to record, then when I sync the Touch, they end up on the device for me to take to Starbucks to watch the news, etc.

11. Dimitryi macrumors newbie

Huh, don't know. I use Video Converter 3 (a different program than the DVD to Ipod Converter) and it works fine for me using the iPhone settings.