Do you use Outlook 2016 instead of Apple Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by boppin, Sep 13, 2017.

1. boppin macrumors member

Hello there!

Do you use Outlook 2016 instead of Apple Mail?

I have to say that I own Office 2016 with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook.

I read on German message boards that there are some Mac users who prefer to use Outlook.

The most exciting thing is that Microsoft advertises Outlook with the words: "We speak Gmail". And I do remember that the previous version of Outlook had some problems with Gmail accounts and Apple Mail before OSX "El Capitan" either (there was a bug with the Gmail trash).

Currently I am using Outlook just with my Hotmail account, but somehow it looks awesome.

Before considering "switching" to Outlook 2016 I want to know, what advantages do you notice in comparison to other applications?

By the way, there are also users who still use Entourage 2008.

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Outlook 2016 is still a castrated version of Outlook for WinDoze. No ability to resize images or videos like with Apple Mail. It's bloated (but that's a feature of all Microsoft software).

3. boppin thread starter macrumors member

I just hoped to get feedback from Microsoft Office:mac 2016 users.

4. kohlson macrumors 6502a

Me, too. After using Apple Mail for a few years, I switched and never looked back.

5. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

No. I have to use Outlook on th Dell laptop I got from work. On the company iPhone I use Mail (setup by IT) and on macOS X I use webmail.

6. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I use Outlook 2016 (latest version 15.38) with Gmail as my primary mail provider. No problems so far.

7. angeloweb macrumors newbie

I use Outlook with a couple of different email accounts. Mail is simple, but I like some of the options in Outlook. For example, you can select for images in emails from contacts to show images. Mail requires the click/tap for every email. For newsletters I receive regularly, or emails from friends, I just want it all there. Outlook makes it easier.