Do You Use Photo Stream?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adam044, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Do You Use Photo Stream

1. YES

42 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. NO

13 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. OTHER?

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Do you use photo stream? Why or why not if you want to share. I personally am not at the current moment sometimes I will use it because its cool to get the pics on my ipad/mac

2. cynics macrumors G4

I just don't have a good reason to. I don't have anything against it.

3. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I use it to transfer photos from my iPhone to my iPad and vise versa.

I actually like the fact that you can add people to your photo stream and share photos. A good way to share a photo to a group of people you know.

But that's why there's Facebook and SMS. But still I like photo stream for what it is.

4. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

It's cool to be on an excursion with the kiddies and be able to share the images with my wife when she can't be there. I've also used it to push images to the iPads of my co-workers.

5. aleni macrumors 68020

my home network is download 12mbps, and upload capped only at 0.4mbps. so uploading photostream is slow!

why wouldn't apple allow photostream uploaded by local wifi too? it doesn't make sense if i'm at my home network, but it still uses internet to upload to my macbook air and my iPad.

wish in iOS 6.1 there is a feature called local photostream, so it doesn't upload to apple server, i just needed it to upload from my iPhone to my air and iPad through my local wifi.

6. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I have photostream turned on on the iphone, but I don't have iPhoto 11 so it doesn't sync to my laptop. Also don't have any other devices, so it is useless for me at this point.

7. CH34P3T macrumors regular

Yup. Syncs across my iPad and MBP. I find it useful.

8. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

9. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Yes, it allows me to delete photos from my iPhone but still view them in the stream. I have a lot of music and need to save as much space as possible.

10. PantherCreek macrumors regular

I do, and I love it.

I'm in the ecosystem and not having to transfer photos between devices is one of my favorite things.

And since I don't have a Facebook account, the new shared photo stream helps me see photos from family members that I didn't before iOS 6