Do you use shake to undo?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blakjack, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

2. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

I only use it when I have to... like accidentally erasing a large section of text accidentally

But personally I think it sucks as I way to undo. And to carry that same "feature" to the iPad is just stupid in my opinion. You have to shake the heck out of the thing to make it work--if it works at all.

I think there should be a non-shake undo option.

Michael

3. palpatine macrumors 68040

Wow. I didn't even know the option existed. But, I have no plans at all to go around shaking my iPad. I usually use it with an external keyboard, so undo is never an issue. I wish they had a virtual keyboard way to do it.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

5. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

There's an undo button right there on the number keyboard, and redo on the symbols, they've always worked for me.

Personally, it took me months to figure out why every once in a while, after being jostled, my iPad would ask if I wanted to undo my typing. I never use it intentionally - shaking something as big as an upad is pretty unwieldy, especially when it's sitting on my lap rather than being held. I hate when games etc want me to shake it.

6. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Cool. I never noticed that on my iPad... don't usually write much with it lately but good to know.

I wish they had it on the iPhone too. Even shaking that is a bit of a pain and often does not work--or works when I don't want it to.

Michael

7. commendatori macrumors newbie

I don't use shake to undo, but I do use ShakeToUndo Killer so I don't have to see the annoying "nothing to undo" prompt when i accidentally drop my phone during a text.

8. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

9. szolr macrumors 6502

Same. :)

10. heyloo macrumors 6502

I almost never find myself using it. For one, I feel like I have to shake it really hard to get the undo function to work and I'm just scared of letting my iPad/iPhone fly out of my hands while trying to do a stupid Undo.

11. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

I do, although it's hard to do so on such a large device, compared to the iPhone :p. Sometimes I accidentally trigger it off somehow!

12. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I don't. In fact I forget it is even there, unless it pops up the "Nothing to undo" message when I set it down or something...

13. saberahul macrumors 68040

On an iPad? No way! I tried it once and almost threw it out of my hands... its just the size that makes it weird. I usually hit the Undo button on keyboard.