Do you use Siri (and what for?)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Blackvibes, Sep 28, 2017.

?

Do you use Siri?

1. Yes, often

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes, but hardly once or twice a day

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No, I don't know any useful functions

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. No, I think it's stupid/useless

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Blackvibes macrumors member

Hey guys,

I own my MacBook Pro with Touch Bar for a year now, which made it much easier for me to access Siri, compared to my 2012 MBP. Nevertheless, I have never ever used Siri on my Macbook (in contrary to my iDevices). I simply do not know many use cases for Siri.

- I type very fast, so I rather open apps via Spotlight and typing, instead of Siri
    - Agenda appointments might be easier, but I rarely ever have them
    - For accuracy, I rather type than use Siri to create ToDo's in my ToDo app (things)
    - It isn't usable in Sketch, Photoshop or any code editor

A nice Siri function would be the calculator, but again: I type fast and Spotlight can solve this..

So TL;DR: I don't use Siri. My question is: do you on your macOS device? And what for?

----

Regarding the poll, I've issued two 'no'-votes, for two different perspectives. Some people Siri is simply useless or stupid and prefer everything old school (typing, clicking, manually, etc.). On the other hand, there are people that want to use Siri, but simply don't know what for (I am among that group). Vote accurate. :)

2. iKnowMr.Jobs macrumors 6502

iKnowMr.Jobs

I actually, mainly for basic stuff when I’m in the middle of working and don’t want to totally disrupt myself and get off course. I often ask I Siri what the score to a basketball/football game, when the next game is happening, weather and use it to play something off iTunes.

I took the TouchBar shortcut off in favor of Spotlight because I use that more frequently. I still use Siri a fair bit on the Mac, but not nearly enough to have a dedicated button for it (my shortcut for it is fun +space bar)

3. Eithanius macrumors 65816

No, I think it's stupid, useless, and it's a resource hog... Excess baggage...

4. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Last time I used Siri it gave us instructions to a restaurant that was a thousand miles away. Apparently the restaurant had more than one location.