Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thehuhman

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2008
NC
You use it all the time?? How?

absolutely! i use my isight all the time to video chat with my sister in michigan and other friends who are away at school in other states. i even hook my macbook up to a 42 inch tv via the mini dvi-vga adapter and set the macbook on the tv stand so the person im chatting with can view the whole room. it works really great, the quality of the video is really good, also the microphone is amazing, it picks up your voice even when youre across a large room. i use it multiple times per week and there's plenty of others who do too, thats why its now standard to have a camera on most notebooks...

I've had this MBA since February, and have never even thought about using the camera. I tried today, and I get an error that says the camera is in use by another application. I tried to access it thru ichat, and photobooth. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions.
:)

Nevermind. I figured it out. It was a setting in VMware Fusion, which I run almost all the time. (under settings, USB devices).
Thanks anyway!

khunsanook

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2006
East Asia
I use it all the time for free Skype video chats. Amazing real-time video/audio connections with friends and family on the other side of the world. iGlasses is a great add-on as well.

Skeletal-dæmon

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2008
I use mine fairly often. Saves on having to go out and that one in every twenty or so USB webcams that have Mac drivers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.