Do you use your 6 Plus like a mini iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nouveau-apple, Dec 17, 2014.

1. nouveau-apple, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014

nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Do people who have the plus use their phones as they would an iPad? And does it run iPad apps?

2. Sumter macrumors regular

Sumter

Well, an iPhone 6+ cannot run iPad apps. It's too bad since I have a few games I like playing on my iPad Air. I also like writing down notes on PowerPoint slides on my iPad since it has bigger screen - admittedly, no iPhone 6+ yet for me but I have a few Android phones similar size around me to compare to my iPad Air. (I am planning to get the new 6+ some time soon so I did a little search on this too)

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I use it in place of my mini. In fact, I sold my mini to put toward the 6+. I used to use my mini at work (running around doing tech support), but it's still too big to always have with me. I'd often leave it my desk. Now that I've always got my device with me it's very helpful. I need to look at a lot of spreadsheets and other documents in Google Drive during the day, and the 6+ is the perfect device for it for me.

4. ryankul macrumors regular

My 6+ is my phone and my tablet. I use to have a tablet but with the plus there is no need. Awesome device!

5. thalazy macrumors regular

I use mine more than a tablet

I find myself going towards my phone more than my tablet. If I were to buy a tablet (Apple) it would have to be an Air. I don't think I will do so as I would never use it.

6. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. Shanghaichica, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014

Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I don't take an iPad out with me anymore on my commute. The 6 plus is big enough to replace my on the go tablet. At home I'd say it's 50:50 between the plus and my iPad air. I've loaned my mini retina to my cousin but will probably take it back and give her my tab pro 10.1.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Allow me to let you in on a little secret. Adults figure this kind of information out for themselves by doing a little research from visiting the tech specs on www.apple.com

9. ET iPhone Home, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I actually use my 6+ like I do my 4S and 5S. I haven't really taken it and carried it with me, because I'm still good on my Sprint 4S plan which I plan to end tomorrow.

10. Archer1440 macrumors 6502a

Archer1440

Yes, I do.

For general web browsing while out and about, I use the 6+ a great deal more than I used my 5 for that purpose.

Having the 6+ also makes it much easier to cope with those times when it's inconvenient to also carry my Air2. For instance, I ride motorcycles whenever possible, and the 6+ slips into my leathers with no problem. I have to wear a backpack to carry the Air2.

Not an issue if commuting to work, but if I'm out for a day ride in the twisties, I prefer not to have the encumberance. The 6+ makes that concession much easier for those times when, for example, I stop for lunch or an espresso and need to catch up on email, etc.

It doesn't replace the full size iPad all the time but it does substitute well enough when needed. And I wouldn't even consider a Mini now.

And, the battery life of the 6+ is crazy good. Better than my Air2, in fact.

edited to add: Oh, hell, this was started by that spammer troll. If I had noticed that I would not have bothered answering.

11. ryankul macrumors regular

Adults don't bother wasting time typing a smart a$$ reply with no help. You could've just not replied at all and let someone else either link or give a reply in a nicer way. Posts like this is why I visit the forums less and less.

0.24 vs 0.27 inches (so pretty close)

12. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow. I didn't know it was almost as thin as the iPad Air 2.

I think even the 6 you could use like an iPad. That's what I do.

I had just the slightest inkling that if I was going to buy a tablet it would be a mini. Now that I have the 6, it fills that void in my life.

It's not really a full iPad experience though. Something is just different when you go beyond a certain size,

But I could definitely see the 6 Plus being used just like a mini iPad.

13. MacHead84 macrumors 6502

MacHead84

I sold my Mini because I got the 6 Plus.
    There is no need for iPad if you have the 6 Plus and a MacBook Air/Pro. :cool:

14. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

Honestly i use my iPhone 6 + as an...iPhone 6+