Do you use your iPad in Landscape or Portrait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mac8867, Oct 31, 2010.

  1. mac8867 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2010
    Location:
    Saint Augustine, FL
    #1
    I have found that I much prefer to use my iPad in landscape mode for a coupe of reasons. First, the keyboard seems a little bit easier to type on, and second, the Apple case I have when opened sets up nicely lifting the back an inch or so off my coffee table....

    what have other people found or what do you tend to prefer?
     
  2. Piggie macrumors 604

    Piggie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    #2
    Locked my iPad in Landscape mode a few months ago, using the lock switch that's soon not to be the lock switch (Thanks Steve) and that's that.

    Only time I use in portrait mode is if the game/app runs in Portrait only.

    For example "cut the rope"
     
  3. lozpop macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2006
    #3
    Mostly in landscape, but a lot of times in portrait mode.
     
  4. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 25, 2008
    #4
    Books in portrait, the rest in landscape. It did take quite the effort to break the iPhone/ portrait habit though!
     
  5. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2009
    #5
    Mostly landscape here as well. I would say 90% of the time.
     
  6. ditzy macrumors 68000

    ditzy

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2007
    #7
    Apart from the few apps that I have which demand that I use it in portrait, I pretty much use it in landscape all the time. For me there is definitely a right and wrong way to hold it.
     
  7. Zcott macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2009
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
  8. Piggie macrumors 604

    Piggie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    #9
    You always watch video in portrait mode?

    I'm impressed as I could not use it like that.
     
  9. aimee25 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    #10
    Hmm

    It's weird but 95 percent of my usage would be portrait. Things like marking up uni PDFs, reading ebooks and safari, I find that portrait is just easier for me to hold for extended time periods. The other 5% videos and Plants vs. Zombies.
     
  10. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    Location:
    CMU
    #11
    Always use mine in landscape. Portrait is all but useless to me, and Apple's case almost prevents me from using it in portrait anyways.
     
  11. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

    Btrthnezr3

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2010
    Location:
    Texas
    #12
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    Landscape 98% of the time. It's been locked for the majority of it's life.
     
  12. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #13
    Landscape unless it's docked. Hoping v2 will have a landscape dock port.
     
  13. Moyank24 macrumors 601

    Moyank24

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2009
    Location:
    in a New York State of mind
    #14
    Locked in landscape. The only exception is when I'm reading e-books, then I'll go into portrait.
     
  14. brucem91 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2009
    #15
    Don't have an iPad, but from when i've used it and how I was sitting, I use it in Portrait up-side down, making it easier to hit the home button.
     

Share This Page