Do You View Your Windows Full Screen or Partially Screened? e.i. Firefox, iTunes, Etc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Aug 28, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So here's something that's been on my mind for a while, but never figured it was worth while asking...anybody.

But with Snow Leopard coming out tomorrow which feature Expose in the dock now thought i'd ask.

I'm sure to some degree this question boils over as your personal productivity preference because i'm wondering what sizes your windows are normally at. For example, say you use Safari or Firefox; is that window taking up the whole screen? If so, why? Ever really think about it? Do you have it full screen cause you wanna surf the web and do your research or procrastinate at the biggest possible size available ...or.... is your Safari/Firefox window not fully screened, simply because you normally have more than just one Firefox or Safari window open, and it makes it easier to navigate multiple windows when they ain't taking up the whole screen?

For example, iTunes for me is possibly the only window I ever fully enjoy being full screen. I love cover flow so have a "space" (3) devoted to iTunes in full screen. In Space 2 (of 6) I have FireFox in full screen but many time throughout the day hate that it's full screen cause I easily need to navigate back to something else, such as the finder or w/e.

Anyways, i'm really wondering what others do here, I think it'll be interesting to hear what's up. With SL coming out tomorrow i'm sure Expose in the dock will help big time, but nevertheless.

:]

2. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

I use a 24" monitor at home so 'maximising' any application is a big no-no. My primary 'Space' has a browser window full-height and 1024px width, along with IRC and IM clients, plus whatever other stuff I happen to be focusing on at the time.

Admittedly I am rather too bothered by other people wasting screen space, but to give a good example, from my desk I can see another guy's desk with what I think are two 20" 16:10 displays...they're rarely used, but the other day I saw them in use, with Windows Explorer maximised across both of them. Completely ridiculous.

3. rerelease macrumors regular

I never maximise a window all the way except the occasional Photoshop. It looks ridiculous for me, I've really grown used to constantly seeing a part of my desktop, since I use it very often for moving files and stuff around.

When my windows-using-gf lends the computer she always stretches everything out to fill the screen and I start pulling my hair with frustration. It just looks so wrong. :(

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

I never maximize anything. Expose and Spaces are my friends.

5. ste1989 macrumors member

I always 'maximise' my safari windows and my iTunes windows.
    Thats probably because I swapped from windows a few weeks ago and always used the maximise button.
    I think the green button is awful. You press it and it makes it the appropriate size, but then say its made it the right size for one safari tab, when you switch tab, its too small again.

And also I only have 13" MBP so not exactly much screen space