Do you want a revised iPod based on iPhone 4 feature set?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JMacPro, Jun 9, 2010.

?

Would you like to see an iPod Touch 4?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Possibly

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. JMacPro macrumors member

i think it's safe to safe to say that most iPod touch would want everything that i am about to propose.

WE WANT AN IPOD TOUCH WITH A CAMERA
    basically an iphone 4 but without the phone capabilities, probably giving more room for the wifi antennas meaning faster wifi speeds, but i'm not that sure. also, its not a major thing, but a gyroscope would be nice, but again its not necessary. anyway I, along with most ipod touch users hope to see the iPod Touch 4! thanks

--JMacPro
    :apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Just be patient. Once the Back to School promotion is done and they update their iPods like they have been for the past several years, you can bet the iPod Touch will have the front facing camera and Facetime. In the Keynote Jobs says there will be, "10's of millions of Facetime devices" this year. I would bet its only a matter of time before Facetime is brought to the Mac and iPod touch.

4. MacAttraction macrumors newbie

MacAttraction

5. Biker macrumors regular

I just want to see a decent camera on the ipod touch, nothing more for me:mad:
    and also better speakers, come one apple...

6. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Still & Video Camera (Hopefully the one that's going on the next iPhone) and a built-in mic. Then I'll be good.

7. xXFLuffeeXx macrumors newbie

-The glass back is a must! Curved aluminum is ugly and scratches way too easy.
    -Retina display.
    -128 GB
    -Front and back facing cameras
    -Option to make an iPod app instead of music and videos
    -Gyroscope
    -1 GHz A4 processor

That needs to happen because the current iPod Touches are so plain and boring.

8. a sandwhich macrumors member

gyroscope: yes; new feature that will not join the two yet needed
    front facing camera: no; nobody will want an iphone
    backfacing camera: yes; overly asked for and good feature to sell
    a4: yes; needs it to be able to run new operating system and not complicate store
    3g access: never; why buy an iphone then?
    retina display: most likely; if they are so centered on gaming, they will need it

9. FlashHead macrumors regular

I want everything in the iPhone but the phone. Why not offer this. I would pay the full $699 for a deluxe iPod touch that had 720 video, and a 5 mp camera, retina display front facing camera and facetime, gps and 3G like the iPad. Should I have to work around getting and canceling an AT&T contract just to get his feature set. Why should they care if they sell a few less iPhones if they can sell these for about the same price and not have to mess with AT&T.

Aren,t they in the hardware business. Why not sell us the hardware they're already making.

10. euphrus macrumors member

ehhh...i tend to disagree i think that it will include only a front facing camera because that will distinguish it from the iphone and also allow it to use facetime