Do you want a unified OS X look?

do you wnat a unified OS X look?

• Yes, I want everything like Mail (Tiger)

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • Yes, I want every thing Aqua like iChat prefs window

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Yes, I want everything Brushed Metal (like Finder)

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • No, I like it how it is.

Votes: 30 19.1%

• Total voters

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
mcmillan said:
What about "I want everything like iTunes 5/6"?
That's nice, too. If not that, then the iChat preferences look. Really, anything but having all of the various 5 or 6 looks that are available going at the same time.

Oh, and let us changed the colour of the interface to something other than blue or graphite.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I don't want a unified look, but if there was one, I would want it to be like Aperture.

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
Honestly, I don't really even notice the differences in the GUI any more. However, I do like the iTunes 6 look the best.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I ran UNO for a while to get the completely unified look and it was nice but difficult to see which window was selected. I imagine if Apple changed it from a system level then this wouldn't be a problem though. I just want homogenous design details though. :)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Went with "No, I like it how it is", but it could (should?) just as well be "couldn't care less"... I don't really give d*mn about a "unified look". So different apps look different, so what...? :rolleyes:

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Just seeing Apple use the Black/Gray/Silver Theme through Motion (maybe all of FCP), Apperture and I think now parts of the new iPhoto (that may have just been Appertures' editing functions). Could this be what Apples next theme for Mac OS X?

Personally I like it but it seems to be only in use through the Pro apps.

Attachments

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
I wouldn't be surprized if 10.5 had a black look, like Apples pro apps.

I would like themes. 3rd parties could make their own and you can use different ones to your own taste.

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
The important thing about the OS isn't the exact material look, it's the practicality. I think Safari provides a good example of where the new look could become a boon to practicality.

By emulating iTunes 5-6, Safari could gain a sidebar. Rather than having bookmarks and tabs at the top, you could keep them in the sidebar (as preview icons with the webpage) and sort through them like playlists. An intuitive and even spacesaving way to do it.

I'm assuming subsequent app revisions will bring changes like this. The really big change though would be to adopt a unified finder: less confusing and varied and more practical. I really hope that this is planned for the next major OS revision: all the windows switchtards are going to need a really nice simple finder to avoid confusion.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
If they do go to a unified look, I think the iTunes 5-6 look would be the best. I really love the way it looks.

I'm fine with the way it looks now, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.