Do you want future iPhone models to be skinnier/sleeker or the same depth?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ant131531, Sep 29, 2009.

?

Do you want the iPhone to be thinner, same thickness, or thicker?

1. Thinner

29 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. Same Thickness

39 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. Thicker

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. ant131531 macrumors member

What my titles means is do you want the next generation iphones to be skinnier and sleekier or the same thickness....or even thicker.

I personally want the same size iphone as if it gets too skinny and becomes like the ipod touch(hypothetically speaking), it won't feel the same in the hand and become less confortable to hold.

Post your opinions here =)

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Same thickness or thinner is good for me. Definitely not thicker. Maybe a little larger screen.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I want in to be whatever Apple tells me what I want it to be, since they seem to know what we all want even more than we do ourselves. :D

j/k aside,
    I think if it ever got to be as thin as the iPod Touch, that might be to thin as a phone for me, Id be to worried Id damage my phone, even though the touch is actually pretty strong.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Add a poll. I would like to see a thinner model.

5. intrepid00 macrumors 6502

Get this, thinner but the case to be same thickness to increase battery size.

6. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

EDIT:ADDED A POLL...Thanks for the suggestion.

7. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

I want more people to participate in this thread =).

8. peperoni macrumors member

I have no need for it to be any thinner. Right now it's thin enough that it doesn't feel uncomfortable in pocket. Also I would gladly accept iPhone to get thicker if it meant that the cam and batterylife would be better.

9. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I definitely want the future iPhone to be thinner, if not narrower. The current model is pretty thin, and I have no complaint about it. The thinner, the better, though. :)

10. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Same dimensions as the iPod Touch with an ALUMINUM BACK! and a plastic piece painted to match with a black reflective apple.

11. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I'd rather keep the iPhone with the same thickness but with better battery life.

12. army91c macrumors 6502a

Any more thin and it wouldn't feel right for me. I don't see how it can get thinner and still be functional. We are already paying a price r/t battery vs performance. I major jump in batter tech would be needed to offer better battery life, esp with the new chips coming out as of late. I was looking at my wifes old 2g and was really liking the look of it..... I don't really need the tapered ends of the current design. No 2 tone back though..... aluminum and black back doesn't = win IMHO....

13. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I'm in the same width camp at the moment, I quite like the feel if it with a leather case on. Not fiddly and lots of grip, just a nice palm width. Maybe if they trim a bit of the thickness it can still be nice, would have to hold one to know either way.

Battery life increase would be pref to making it thinner for me though.

14. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

15. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Same size lets Apple put more in. Lets them have the sleeker model be the Touch, which seems to be their preference.

16. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I agree with a lot of others on here. I think the size is perfect. I owned an ipod touch before and I dropped it a bunch because it was too thin. Just cram a bigger battery in there and keep it the same size or even slightly bigger if need be.

17. Bagot69 macrumors member

Keep it the same size + shape! y change sumit that works?

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The thickness is fine right now. Wouldn't want it any thinner. I wouldn't mind a little more thickness if it meant a better battery.

19. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don't care how thick or wide it is (within reason), as long as it has better battery life. I'd like double the battery life we have now.

20. benna macrumors regular

I would say same thickness. Since the current thickness has the perfect fit. If is thinner, it would be too thin to hold in hand and obviously, not thicker.

21. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

22. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

More ppl vote and post your opinion here. I value them alot.

23. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

NOOOOOOO!!!!! the iPhone will NEVER have an aluminum back again. The aluminum back was a horrible design choice on the first iPhone and apple knows this. it will be plastic (or something similar) forever

24. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

From what I know, Apple chose to use the plastic back cover for the 3G / 3GS in order to achieve better signal reception. If Apple thought the aluminum back to be a bad design, why are they keeping it for the iPod touch?

For me, I'd much prefer the aluminum look of the first-gen iPhone.

25. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

If you look at the back of the iPod touch, there is a black plastic section. That is where the wifi chip and bluetooth chip are. The first gen iPhone did that as well, the entire bottom quarter of the back was black plastic, but I guess Apple still felt the aluminum was messing with the cell signals, hence the reason they changed it to all plastic only for the iPhone, not the iPod touch.