Do you want options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hoopdy, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Do you want options? I sure do.

Everyone must remember the epidemic that happened last September when the iPhone went down in price and people sent mail to Steve Job's himself and eventually it paid off with the $100 discount for those who bought beforehand. If you want the same freedom and plans that were available to original iPhone users...

Voice your opinion/complain to sjobs@apple.com

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

Technically there was no freedom with the original iPhone either, it was just easier to beat the system.

3. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

The only thing I'm upset about is the fact that he said they're making it more affordable, but it actually costs more.

I understand you're getting faster data and AT&T has to charge more for that...I don't mind that.

Just don't say it's cheaper if it isn't. It's just a blatant lie. :(

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Okay this makes the false assumption that the same party is responsible.

When the iPhone price dropped by $200 that was Apple lowering the price.

When the iPhone rate plan increased by $10 for data and dropped the SMS from the plan that was AT&T Wireless.

Emailing Jobs will do exactly zero to change the rate plan. Apple doesn't share the fees with AT&T anymore. They have no say over this.

And again, the IRU and CRU discounts will now most likely work on the new iphone plans, making them cheaper (potentially).

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Apple has *no* say over the rate plan? I would think they might have a little say in it. That doesn't mean AT&T has to listen, but I assure you that at some point Steve made mention of it. Points have been made about how there wasn't a big, huge deal made about AT&T being the primary carrier this year like there was last year. I don't think that's a coinkydink.

6. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

The phase I used usually implies that they have some weight to actually affect change. I believe we both agree that in this instance they do not.