Do you want siri smarter in 2012

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4s16gb, Dec 4, 2011.

?

Do You Want Siri Get Smarter In 2012

1. Yes , please

71 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. No , i dont like siri

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Doesn't need anyway

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. I Want Now

12 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

will apple update new siri version in this summer ?

including

more smarter
    more word understanding
    more language support

2. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

I wouldn't mind them adding search for local business in the UK. Be nice to see Siri get use in other apps too natively...

3. urkel macrumors 68030

Me want Siri more smarter. Then me don't have to think as harder and hurt brain.

4. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

5. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

6. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Why would anyone possibly oppose Siri getting smarter?

7. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

some people dont like siri because they can't speak or understanding english on siri talk ......

8. orange42 macrumors 6502a

And of all people, those are the ones you think would oppose it?

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Right now, all siri can really do is search the web for you and set a reminder/alarm. I'd like her to launch apps, and have the ability to operate the app to some degree (I am speaking more along the lines of picking a Pandora station and not telling her to "launch Angry Birds" and then "win Angry Birds"). I use a lot of speach to text while sending SMS and email currently, so I am happy about that feature. Siri, while cool, I don't find myself using it all that frequently, especially since it is down so often.

10. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

skynet

Have any of you ever watched terminator? This is how skynet started.

11. tjb1 macrumors 68000

You know Siri is a beta right?? Just be glad Apple released something in a beta or you would be waiting until 2013 for Siri.

12. urkel, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

urkel macrumors 68030

I absolutely love Siri... when it works. The problem I have with Siri is how slow simple tasks are. Holding down the home button requires a delay, dictating anything isnt done locally so you have to wait for it to be sent and processed and the timeout on failure takes a while. I know the standard defense is "OMG, youre complaining about a 2second delay?" but in reality then many times its just faster to simply pick up the phone and read/type than wait for a command to (maybe) complete. And thats not the intended usage patterns for voice-assist.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

To be clear, I was referring to the little mic icon on the keyboard. I have never had a noticable delay on that. I have, however, had a lengthy delay (before failure) on siri plenty of times. :(

Personally, I don't think Apple should have released siri at this stage, but likely felt thay had to in order to give iPhone 4S a feature that they would leave out on previous models.

14. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I was born and raised in Chicago and speak perfect, clear English. I just don't like Siri, used it about 4 times on day 1 and that was it.

15. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

How's that? First from memory the "Skynet" from the movie Terminator was a military based program. That aside though, is countless cautionary tales about artificial intelligence.

If Siri is just a language interpreter and search and iOS data manipulator, how is it going to go bad? Instead of giving me directions to the Dry-cleaning try and get me to drive the wrong way on the motorway?

Will it develop ethics and inform spouses there husband’s where-abouts if they are having an affair?

16. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I like Siri, and it has great potential in the future....

I would like Apple to have Siri include volume control level control that includes a lock of the volume level (So I would not accidentally hit the volume button by accident, which I have done on other smartphones), as well as voice security recognition activation someday if ever possible. Not much to ask :D

17. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

I want Siri to do what it is advertised as being able to do, in my local area.

"Search for a restaurant nearby". & "Check the weather in your area".

Siri was one of the only reasons for me wanting to upgrade to the IP4S from the IP4 and the fact that these too features don't work, is disappointing to say the least.

18. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Why not have a smaller, lighter, iPhone that one carries on their person, has no screen, you simply issue voice commands, and watch as your muscles atrophy.

Me?

I love to be active, which includes moving my fingers. Therefore I don't fit the profile for I enjoy doing things for myself including (gasp) thinking.

Perhaps I'm one of few in the Apple community that is big on fitness & fun in the great outdoors.

There is a limit to the appropriate use of automation. Yet that said... it _is_ the couch potatoes best friend :)

19. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Sorry, but texting is going to burn negligible calories when compared to a voice command.

20. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

i want siri do this for me in future

. siri go ebay.com buy for me iphone 4S
    . siri tell me what channel soccer on espn now
    . siri how much money i have on paypal now
    . siri purchase for me ticket travel to china
    . more and more

if this siri could do , then we no need touch anymore let siri do all stuff for us ....

21. maddog91 macrumors regular

Thats like asking fi you want a more fuel efficient car as the years progress...You honestly think apple won't increase the knowledge Siri can take ? cmon

22. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

if apple could do what i list of siri , next 20 years no more touch phone , everything is talk ,... that funny ....

23. astral125 macrumors 6502

Do you want your life to be better, worse, or stay the same?

24. iphone4s16gb thread starter macrumors 6502

ok , so everybody want apple let SIRI replace for touch , no more touch , siri do everything for us ?

wow .....