Do you want smaller iPhone screen size?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolwater, Jun 15, 2009.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I really don't understand why all these supposed-to-be iPhone killers--i.e. Google android and Palm Pre--has smaller screen size than the iPhone. The latest Palm Pre's screen size just boggles my mind especially. Why? Why? Why! Also, its rounded corner screen just turns me off completely.

Do people prefer smaller screen size? Is iPhone's screen size unnecessarily big? I don't have big hands, but I still like the iPhone's size over any other smaller smart phones that fit my hand better.

2. Davide82 macrumors member

I really don't think there is any reason imo to pay attention to any phone other than iphone. I'm definitly in sync with what you are seeing. Basicly what I think is happening is that it's the last remenants of the permanently attached physical keyboard industry trying to hang on for dear life. Have you seen that screen protector for the iphone that has the little keyboard keyS cut out/raised into it so there is an actual physical sense of an invisible keyboard on your iphone screen? Well thats the future imo, and the bbs clicking keyboard c'mon that thing is a joke.

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I would be happier with a bigger screen, haha.

4. Coaldust macrumors member

Smaller ? Are you crazy. I watch movies. Surf blah blah blah i'd like a bigger screen. And apart from the iPhone I would not urinate on the rest if they were on fire.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Heck no!

I think it's the perfect size: just a scootch too large for a phone's screen, and a smidgen too small for long-term browsing/video watching. :p