• Yes - all the time

Votes: 49 43.4%
  • Yes - for certain things

Votes: 34 30.1%

• Total voters

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Not at the moment, but I'm sure my next eye test is going to change that.

Bloody aging process. Why can't I just be Superman? :mad: :mad:

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
dynamicv said:
Not at the moment, but I'm sure my next eye test is going to change that.

Bloody aging process. Why can't I just be Superman? :mad: :mad:
Doesnt Clark Kent (superman) wear glasses? :D

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Yes, lately more than usual. I usually wear contacts but they've been irritating my eyes lately, so I've been going back to the glasses. Going to give it a few weeks before I try again.

I've got an eye Dr. appt in November and I'm thinking about trying something different. Someone told me these were really good.

Tymmz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2005
There is another thread, but I'm to lazy to find it.

My model is the first consumer model Armani ever produced. They stopped it's production three or four years ago.

glasses.jpg

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Nope.

When I tested my sight some years back I had +1 on both eyes and slightly "distorted corneas" (<- literal translation, I have no idea what that is in English ;)). No need for glasses though, as long as I didn't get headaches from reading etc. The optician said I had the eyesight of an eagle... :)

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC
got em zapped

I did wear glasses until February when I got up the nerve (and finally saved up the money) to get laser eye surgery. I am now happy as can be. Things were pretty straightforward, although the few weeks of discomfort during the healing process weren't my favorite.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Nope.

When I tested my sight some years back I had +1 on both eyes and slightly "distorted corneas" (<- literal translation, I have no idea what that is in English ;)). No need for glasses though, as long as I didn't get headaches from reading etc. The optician said I had the eyesight of an eagle... :)
Distorted corneas (if you mean skjeve hornhinner) is astigmatism. :)

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
annk said:
Distorted corneas (if you mean skjeve hornhinner) is astigmatism. :)
bingo, me too

the peripheral vision in my left eye is astounding, in my right eye it's rather poor...weird

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
Since I was about 10 years old. Now, I'm 44 and it's time for bifocals. I should have gotten them last year but didn't want to deal with the hassle of getting used to them.

rtharper

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Oxford, UK
Two days after my 21st birthday I was told I was far-sighted slightly, but had better than 20/20 distance vision. The opthamologist said that the headaches I was getting would probably not be a problem if I didn't have to read to much after college or stare at computers too long.

The answer of, "I'm a computer science student with plans to get my doctorate" prompted an eyeglass prescription. I'm told they're very "sexy intellectual". Here's hoping. Either way, I'm stuck with them.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
Occasionally.

I wear them to give my eyes a break from my contacts. I find them much more comfortable.

I've also been complemented on them, so at times I wear them when my self esteem is lower than usual :)

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Of course I wear glasses! Who wouldn't given the choice? Faces without thm look rubbish!

wingsky

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2006
UK
I've worn them since I was 11 I think, not to sure which grade it corresponds too.

Actually, I haven't had a checkup for over 3 years, so I guess I'll book myself one next week. On the plus side - new frames! I wonder which ones I should get...:eek:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I have very bad vision and have been wearing glasses since I was about 8 years old. I wore them every day until about 4 years ago, when I discovered the wonderful world of contact lenses! Now I wear those far mroe often than my glasses - but one way or another, I'm wearing something or else I'd be blind. :eek: ;)

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
London
Certainly do! Though I wear contact lenses as often as possible because my glasses are nasty and I don't want to spring for new ones!

Witness the horror....

Attachments