Do your 2010 New Macbook Pro have noise?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by a0911091837, Apr 22, 2010.

1. a0911091837 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

Just got my brand new 2010 basic Intel i5 Macbook pro from apple store in UK. I found that my macbook pro is making low pitch noise from the left hand side of the machine. Is not the fan noise, and is also not the hard-drive noise. Is something like low pitch electricity noise that make you feel umcomfortable.

I am going back to apple store and hope they will replace one for me.

Do you guys have similar problems?:(

2. style macrumors member

style

Similar noise has been reported on the sony vaio EB series, from what i've read the noise is coming from the CPU when its gone into power saving mode.

It might be common to these new processors :confused:

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I have not noticed any such noise on my 17" i5 MacBook Pro. Even under heavy load (gaming for a couple hours straight) all that I can hear are the fans.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

That is probably the screen inverter. I had two machines long ago that had that issue. Drove me batty. If you are in your return period take it back ASAP and exchange for a new one. Once your return period is out you will have to beg and fight to get it fixed.

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Had that problem on my first 1.83 GHz Core Duo MacBook Pro - that did drive me batty. Got a free upgrade to a 2 GHz Core DuoMacBook Pro from Apple.