Do your icons shift/stretch when returning to the home screen? (iPhone 5s)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eattherich, Nov 14, 2013.

?

Do you see this issue on your 5s?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

Hey everyone,

I've seen this issue mentioned a few times but it's not really been discussed. I have an iPhone 5s and I noticed that when returning to the home screen (from the multitask screen, for example) the icons seem to either shift or stretch upwards. I originally thought this was to do with the parallax effect but when I turned Reduce Motion on it was still there. It's strange, it's not every time but almost every time. I just updated to 7.0.4 and the problem is still there. When 7.0.3 was recently released I did a fresh install of iOS, in case anyone is suggesting that. I did some digging and I've seen a few people say it's been fixed with previous updates. Both my girlfriend and I have a 5s and have this issue. It's not a big deal but I'm wondering how many of you have it and, more importantly, why it's still not been sorted. I have a new iPad mini and old 4S running 7.0.4 and they don't do it. It just seems isolated to the 5s. Thanks! :)

2. FotoDirk macrumors member

3. eattherich thread starter macrumors 6502

eattherich

4. The Tos macrumors 6502a

Mine does a little when I switch back. Its slightly noticeable. I have my own background image on. Maybe thats causing it??

5. eattherich thread starter macrumors 6502

eattherich

I thought that too but I've tried with stock wallpapers and it's the same. I also created a solid colour wallpaper and the icons still shift/stretch. Hmm.

6. nuarichard macrumors member

Shift / stretch

hey im experiencing this same thing... actually not only the homescreen... as long as you're coming from the multitask bar and go to any screen... it seems to be stretching up to fill the screen.

i hope this is not a hardware issue. :(

7. nickelro macrumors member

It's 100% software caused and slightly noticeable (about 1 line of pixels on top and 1 at the bottom); I also learned it's present on all devices running iOS 7.x.x - not a deal breaker though...

8. nuarichard macrumors member

Ok that's comforting to hear. I will just wait for the next update for it to get fixed. Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

9. blarivee macrumors 6502

I see it on mine as well. I suspect it is a UI glitch, like on the iPad when you use multi-gestures to go back to the home screen. iOS 7 feels like it's been rushed with some details being overlooked.

10. nuarichard macrumors member

11. nickelro macrumors member

As I stated earlier, it's about iOS 7 and not only a particular iPhone model.
    I can confirm my both 5s and 4S are "plagued" by this "issue" (both are running iOS 7.0.4).

12. Scott M macrumors regular

Scott M

It's only the iPhone 5S that has this problem. Apparently the IOS 7.1 beta fixes it, but of course, that's not been released yet.

There was another thread on this a while ago, with a video and everything. I'll find it and post the link, if only to reassure you, OP.

----------

Here you go.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=18390972#post18390972

Note that the most recent comments are about how the IOS 7.1 beta fixes it.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Shifting icons, stuck icons, stuck keyboard, screen glitches, Safari crashing/reloading, settings app crashing, phone crashing…

I experience all these things that I've never experienced before except on the iPhone 5s.