Do yourself a favor and get the HBO Go app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by class77, May 3, 2011.

1. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

If you have HBO at home, you can now have HBO in your favorite cafe free. It's awesome

2. Chipg macrumors regular

Not if you have Time Warner Cable or at least not at this time.

3. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I can't seem to get it working for some reason and I am a comcast/xfinity subscriber. If anyone has comcast xfinity and knows how to get this to work then please let me know. Thanks.

4. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

Charter is supported but its buggy as hell. Basically it's broke and don't work.

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Human Body Odor?

I don't mind having it at home.. but when you are out in public like a cafe.. it's a no-no.

6. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I am, and it worked perfectly. What isn't working?

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'm with comcast xfinity and the problem I'm having with the iPad app is there is no sound. Sound works through headphones but that's it.

I've had no problems with the iPhone app.

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'd love to - I love the looks of the app, and what it offers - I don't subscribe to HBO, but I would actually subscribe specifically so I could use this app.

But unfortunately it's worthless to me because it doesn't offer subtitles or closed captioning of any kind.

9. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

If it's not working for you, make sure you are logging in with the main email address and password comcast has for you. I don't think you can do it with just any comcast email address ... it has to be the main account holders one.

It's really a great app. I can't believe the amount of content it has on it.

10. billraynor macrumors newbie

HBO Go requires first email at Charter

I also had problems logging on, through Charter. After working with (a very helpful) consumer report representative, we determined that you have to use the FIRST email in the email account list, NOT the account holders email and password.

This suggests you may wish to add a fake AAA_name to your email list, to avoid sharing your info with other account users.

I too am disappointed with the lack of subtitles. My "fix" is to use over-the-ear sound cancelling headphones so as to not interfere with my hearing aids and to crank the sound to a level they can pick up. That doesn't work for thick accents, crappy diction, or heavy background noise but its better than using the little speakers in my MacBook.

11. tlbwriter macrumors regular

When I fired this up for the first time, it told me using 3G may incur additional data charges. I have AT&T's unlimited data plan. Is this just a CYA message, or something I really need to worry about?

12. JeffLebowski41 macrumors regular

they are just saying that as a friendly reminder to those on capped data plans.

13. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

This is a great app. Especially when the TV is occupied at home, I can fire up the app and catch up on past Game of Thrones and True Blood episodes.