Votes: 44 55.7%
  • 6 digit

Votes: 35 44.3%

• Total voters

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
I use 6 digits.
Since I use TouchID I only ever have to type it in after a restart, so I figured I might as well make it more secure. Prior to TouchID, when I had to type it in every time I wanted to access my phone, 4 digits was sufficient.

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
That seems a little excessive given that the phone will wipe its contents after 8 failed attempts, so it’s not like you need something super strong to defend against a brute force attack.
Not excessive at all. Takes 3-4 seconds to enter and I only need it on a power cycle, Touch ID disabled or an update. I’ll never forget it and it’s secure. The odds of anyone finding it out are slim to none.

The odds of me seeing someone enter a 4/6 digit code, very high. Especially since iOS has that great animated light up number delay after press. Ever notice that?

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
Not excessive at all. Takes 3-4 seconds to enter and I only need it on a power cycle, Touch ID disabled or an update. I’ll never forget it and it’s secure. The odds of anyone finding it out are slim to none.

The odds of me seeing someone enter a 4/6 digit code, very high. Especially since iOS has that great animated light up number delay after press. Ever notice that?
The odds of someone finding out my 6 digits are slim to none as well, and given that I only have to type it in when my phone is restarted, which pretty much only happens at times of my choosing (ie. when I’m at home either alone or with people I trust), I say again that a 13 character code seems excessive. But whatever floats your boat.