DO_NOT_REPLAY@info.apple.com

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dvdhsu, Dec 18, 2008.

1. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

A long time back, Apple started offering a Battery Exchange Program for PowerBook and iBook batteries. I ordered one about 5 days ago. However, I have a few questions:
    1.DO_NOT_REPLAY@info.apple.com I got an e-mail from they stating that I ordered a battery. Does anybody see what's wrong?

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for ordering a replacement battery. Your request (Order number 3029430) is currently being processed.

It will take approximately 7 to 9 business days for your replacement battery to arrive. Please note that shipping time may vary due to availability of your battery model.

Battery Exchange Program details and an FAQ may be found at:

http://support.apple.com/batteryprogram

We appreciate your cooperation with this exchange program.

Apple
    2.Do they even make PowerBook 12" Batteries anymore?

Thanks,
    David

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

1. big deal, a typo
    2. they have them available

3. dvdhsu thread starter macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Apple shouldn't really make typos when millions of people are ordering batteries though....

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

And why does it matter? It's not like people will be/are supposed to send e-mail to that address, anyway. They don't need to remember it!

5. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

It doesn't seem like it's trying to steal your identity or ask for personal information, so I wouldn't be too concerned. I understand why this would raise questions though.

6. SoybeanStasher macrumors regular

Such typos annoy me too, so I'm sympathetic to the OP's irritation.

7. Bobbi Flekman macrumors regular

It might make people think they're being phished, or that it is sp4m. I know I would. In other words, it undermines Apple's reputation.

8. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

this seems to be a trend for apple. for non-mission critical things they could care less about spelling.

when i "transferred" my AppleCare plan to the new owner of my Macbook Pro they totally mispelled the guy's name, despite it being just a copy/paste deal from my email. Looks like one guy read it off the email and another guy typed it in.

oh well, you really dont need the name correct unless you're getting parts shipped to home.