DOA refurb MacBook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by antifeik, Jun 7, 2011.

1. antifeik macrumors regular

antifeik

Hi guys,I don't know if this is the right place,but I would like some feedback,I received a doa refurb MacBook pro,contact apple n they're sending me a replacement,what can I expect? Another refurb and possible doa? Any input is appreciated

2. Bomino macrumors member

that must be pretty rare, what happened to you.. I'm sure the replacement will work completely fine, unless you are extremely unlucky.. but even if you do get another DoA, apple will replace it.

3. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

You should expect whatever Apple told you they would be sending. If the rep you talked to did not specify that you could expect anything else than an identical replacement, chances are that is what you will get. It is POSSIBLE that you could get a better-spec'd refurb MBP or even a new one... these things are known to happen on occasion.

Tell us a little more about your situation... was the MBP completely DOA, as in it wouldn't boot or get power, or was it something subtler? How was your experience with AppleCare on the phone? Did you get bumped up the chain to Customer Relations? If so, that's usually where the extras get got ;)

I wouldn't worry about getting 2 DOAs in a row (this from a guy who once got 3, but I digress... :rolleyes:) If by chance it does happen, just remember to be kind and polite to whoever you talk to, and Apple usually takes care of the rest.

Good luck!

4. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

very true!

5. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Really bad luck, sorry to hear that. I really doubt you'll recieve 2 DOAs, but you never know. I'm sure Apple will take care of you and make sure you get your working laptop as intended.

6. antifeik thread starter macrumors regular

antifeik

Well,Its started with the screensaver not poping up,then it went blank,so I took it to the apple store and they diagnosted "doa" at the store,I contacted apple right away and they email me a shipping label and told me that when fedex scan the label they will send me a replacement,the rep didnt mention nothing about new or nothing like that,they just gave me a 100 dollar reimbursement for the inconvenient,I mean,it's all good,I prolly have the replacement by Thursday (hopefully) sighs,but Im a little bit dissatisfied cause I was this is my first Mac and even thou apple seems like they will replace it,now I'm afraid I get another doa,makes me think why they have so many on their us website for sale,ugh,oh well,I don't know what to expect now,sighs...I will keep y'all post it

7. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Don't worry. It happens to us all. I recently got my PS3 serviced and it was shipped back DOA. It makes you pissed off for sure but they get it done in the end. Don't lest this first dip into the pond make you unsure about the macs. The pond is really quite warm.
    Welcome to the mac and the people on this forum are ready to help.

8. antifeik thread starter macrumors regular

antifeik

Thank you,I will keep y'all post it so I can help others with my experience :)

9. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

You experienced a rather rare occurrence. While I always buy new, one of my friends buys refurbs and they look like, and run like new.

10. antifeik thread starter macrumors regular

antifeik

Hey guys for all of you following this thread,I got my replacement overnight delivered,cosmetically flawless,not a single dent,the keys are in good shape,not slanted nor nothing,I mean,it performs well so far,I'll give it some time n share my experience on them 15" ref MacBooks pros.ttyl