Doa

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rip-the-jacker, Nov 21, 2014.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

received my iMac today, no keyboard or mouse, not original power cord..

won't start up, tried the reboot , tried another power cable...nothing...

now i purchased from CEX down south in england (I'm based in scotland) and want to know if i can legally take the mac to my local store, for replacement or refund? is that possible as from what i have heard is the reply by email sometimes is non existent.

thanks guys, RTJ

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Did you contact CEX and ask them what to do? Did you try entering the serial number onto Apple's support site to check warranty status? Is it a new iMac?

3. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

thanks for the quick response, yes i have, but i have also tried before and they never replied!

its a old iMac, 2007 24" but comes with CEX warranty for 12 months (hence why i purchased from them also).

And i can't even contact the store, as there is only e-mail no phone numbers etc!!

RTJ

4. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

Your contract is with your supplier, so no. If a manufacturer offers a warranty (they don't have to) then they must honour it. But as I gather this is an old machine, Apple have no liabiliy whatsoever and will likely not be willing or able to help you.

You'll have to go back to CEX and if they won't reply, take them to the small claims court. A load of hassle you surely don't need, but then again perhaps you might have considered this before buying off them.

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass, and that's probably the last thing you need right now.

5. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Isn't CEX a website for buying/selling second hand goods. What store are you talking about? Are you asking if you can go to an Apple store and exchange the 2007 non-working iMac for a brand new one that works?

If so, then :D

Or are there physical CEX stores in your area? I have never seen one in the UK

6. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

hi guys,

no its not an apple warranty. i have never had a problem with this sort of thing before.

i want to see if i can take the mac back to a CEX near me, rather than posting it down south to england at the store where it originated from.

RTJ

7. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

In that case I would print out your invoice etc and then take it along with the faulty item to your nearest CEX store and explain the situation.

8. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you, this is what i will do.

RTJ

9. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Please tell me your joking CEX was huge- still has many stores in major urban conurbations - where are you, in the outer Hebredies? #

10. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

In Daarset and in London. I have never seen one of these things.

11. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    According to their website they have 260+ shops throughout the UK. This was a stable during my teens during the ps2/3 wrap when I would swap games for the latest titles. Also I was one of those who would buy USA machines like the ps3, xbox and thus need us titltles- CEX was awesome.

12. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

No such shop that I have ever seen down in Poole/Bournemouth. We have Game and Game Station (which obviously has closed down since it was bought by game)

13. seroposi, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

seroposi macrumors member