Doc to epub solution?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spiderguy84, Apr 6, 2010.

1. spiderguy84 macrumors regular

I have read that if you use Stanza to export a .doc to .epub that it will crash iBooks. Has anyone had this issue? Also, what ways are you using to convert a .doc to .epub that works best for you?

2. spiderguy84 thread starter macrumors regular

What do you find in settings to work best? Just the iPhone setting or something else with bigger screen?

3. spiderguy84 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, that program is a piece of crap. First off it wouldn't convert any .doc i threw at it, and when I clicked to save, it wouldn't save it as epub, so back to the drawing board. What's the best program to convert doc to epub

4. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Calibre is what use. I just use the default settings and boom I have an epub.

5. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

6. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I've converted at least 40 .doc files and at least that many pdf's.
    THe program works great

7. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

Sorry if stupid question:
    How do you get an epub file into iBook?

8. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

If it's an unprotected EPUB you can either drag it into Books or use Add a file. Either way it will be placed in the library.

9. WERA Cannoli macrumors newbie

I am trying to use Calibri to convert my PDF's to epub and it's messing up the TOC. Any ideas why? It places the first few chapters correctly then for every 3 to 4 pages it makes an entry called Index 1. I've tried the iPhone settings and the Default settings which is designed to use on a computer or a device with a large screen.

10. spiderguy84 thread starter macrumors regular

Color me stupid but I can't figure out how in the world to convert it to epub. I click add book, then click convert and get an error message, if i click save, it won't do it.

11. moocat macrumors member

I've had no luck with calibre either. Deletes images and screws up formatting. Very annoying.

12. supermanx macrumors member

I went through the PDF to epub and word to epub with the nook... None work well. My suggestion get good reader for .99 and skip the hassle.