dock adapter not even included?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by busterbluth, Jun 25, 2008.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

According to the 'whats in the box' section for the iphone, there is no dock adapter included either, but one of the accessory options is a pack of 3 dock adapters (cant click on link to check price). I did a quick search of ipods and they do list a dock adapter in this section. Could apple really not include a 99 cent peice of plastic? Bush League!

2. onemanarmy333 macrumors newbie

onemanarmy333

i guess they are extra dock adaptors just in case you lose the one that comes in the box

3. busterbluth thread starter macrumors 6502

But why not include it in the whats in the box section?

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

It doesn't come in the box. For whatever reason Apple decided to leave it out this time.

5. Ryan.Fork macrumors member

Nvm... Need more caffeine, not thinking straight

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The original iPhone didn't have a dock adaptor either, that or I didn't get one.

the original iPhone had in the Box:
    iPhone
    Dock
    USB Cable
    Wall Charger
    Cleaning Cloth
    Headphones & a
    Manual

With the iPhone 3G they are now giving you a Sim Card Ejector Kit (paper clip $0.01)

7. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

By "dock adapter" the OP is referring to a piece of plastic to put in your universal dock that allows it to hold an iPhone.

8. Ryan.Fork macrumors member

Whoops. Don't know why that didn't register :eek:

9. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

The original iPhone didn't need a dock adapter because it came with its own dock.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

But why would Apple include a dock adapter with the iPhone when they include an actual dock? I guess there must be other devices that use the same dock adapters, but the iPhone seems to have compatibility issues with a lot of the old ones (that wouldn't include an adapter already themselves).

P.S. Please clarify (this is a general request) whether you're talking about accessories for the existing iPhone (EDGE) or the new one (3G).

11. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

The new iPhone does not come with a dock, and (according to the OP here) no dock adapter either.

12. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Ummm, OP did say "one of the accessory options".

Anyway, they were saying that it's one thing to leave out the dock (docks are like what, $30?)...but they couldn't even include a dock adapter (which they state is like $0.99)?

13. busterbluth thread starter macrumors 6502

There seams to be some confusion. I was refering to the piece of plastic that allows you to use your current generation of ipod in various ipod dock compatable stereos, not the actual dock. I plan on getting a logitech audiostation (its the older version but its so cheap now) and would need a dock adapter for that. If the original iphone didnt include one either, then I have nothing further, but its annoying.

p.s. Does anyone have a logitech audiostation (not pure fi elite), and did it work with the iphone?

Thanks, sorry for the confusion