dock and info queries

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dazzer21, May 20, 2008.

1. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

I've got 2 queries:

OS X 10.4.10

1. If I drag a document over the application icon in the dock, if the pointer is left on top of the icon, it stalls and won't open until the pointer is dragged off the icon. Is this common?

2. Get info - am I missing something or is there a way to get the info regarding how many items are in the folder I'm questioning?

2. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

1. It should open in the selected program.

2. At the end of the 'Size" item.

3. dazzer21 thread starter macrumors 6502

The file WILL open in the program (eg dragging a jpeg file onto the Photoshop icon in the dock), but Photoshop will NOT open until the pointer is moved off the dock.

re the info box, on the 'size' section, all I'm getting is the size of the folder in Gb and then in bytes - no mention of number of items within

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

That is strange. I've had the Dock get "stuck" like this before - in fact, it happened yesterday, in Leopard. Tried to open Mail but Mail remained selected in the Dock and wouldn't deselect until I moved the pointer somewhere else. I suspect that I accidentally clicked the button after releasing it for a split-second, which would cause Mac OS X to think that I was trying to drag Mail elsewhere in the Dock or remove it from the Dock entirely.

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Interesting. Here is what I get.

Attached Files: