Dock bug?

pedregosa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I have the Dock set to "Favorites" -- rather than "Recents" -- on my AW4. I have not selected the Calendar app as one of my Favorites, but it is nonetheless showing up as the first app in the Dock. Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I have the Dock set to "Favorites" -- rather than "Recents" -- on my AW4. I have not selected the Calendar app as one of my Favorites, but it is nonetheless showing up as the first app in the Dock. Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?
When you use an app that's not already in your dock, it will sit in the first position. if you scroll to that app and just wait, it will give you a "Keep in dock" option below to allow you to add it to the dock if you want.

pedregosa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
When you use an app that's not already in your dock, it will sit in the first position. if you scroll to that app and just wait, it will give you a "Keep in dock" option below to allow you to add it to the dock if you want.
... Ah. I now see the "Keep in dock" option. But what if I don't want to keep it in the dock? I can't see a way of getting rid of it. Simply not selecting the "keep" option does not appear to remove it.

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
... Ah. I now see the "Keep in dock" option. But what if I don't want to keep it in the dock? I can't see a way of getting rid of it. Simply not selecting the "keep" option does not appear to remove it.
Open another app that’s not in the dock already and it replaces it. You will always have something there that’s a non-dock app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.