Dock Burn In?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by r.j.s, Dec 7, 2007.

1. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

For those that DON'T autohide their dock: Has anyone ever experienced burn in?

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Unless you have a CRT monitor, it shouldn't be a problem. At any rate, any static screen should be either turned off or changed from time to time anyway.

3. r.j.s thread starter Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Just something I was curious about, because I have seen it one LCD/plasma tvs - the bug for news stations will burn in because it never moves and the screen is always on.

4. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Yeah, it can happen, especially in stores where a TV is left continuously running on the same station all day. Most consumers don't have this problem though. CRT's though, they were horrible when it came to image persistence/burn in.

5. r.j.s thread starter Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

That's what I thought. It is now apparently obvious that I have too much time on my hands tonight. I should sleep.

6. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

7. r.j.s thread starter Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It's weird because I complain all week about how little sleep I get, but I dont take it when I can get on Fri or Sat nights. I have the urge to sit here and listen to music while surfing for no reason.

8. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I had that problem when I was in college. Now I have to get up at 5:50 in the morning 5 days a week so I'm ready to go to bed when 10:00 comes around. Fri and Sat nights are the only nights I can stay up till 11 or 12 and not suffer so much the next day

9. r.j.s thread starter Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

5:50!?!? That's sleeping in for me during the week, my alarm is always set for between 4 and 4:30

10. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Than you have major issues my friend! I don't know how you can stay up so late. I think I ruined myself by doing too many all-nighters.

What do you do at 4:30 in the morning? I used to work at a bakery from 11:00 PM until 7:30 in the morning. Worst job of my life. I felt like I was in a constant state of never being awake or asleep.

11. r.j.s thread starter Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Im in the military. So i have to get my daughters to daycare before going to work.

12. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I hadn't taken kids into consideration. I'm sure I'll be getting up much earlier once little ones come along.

13. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I know how you feel. I work 11pm to 7am. It's 6:23 am on my day off, and I still can't sleep! :(

14. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Get more sleep! :)

I don't think burn in should be an issue.