Dock Connector Repair

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djshott, Apr 13, 2009.

1. djshott macrumors newbie

I've opened up my iPhone... unfortunately I've done some irreversible damage to the aluminum casing, but other than that, I've got everything all opened up! Here's where I am now... [​IMG]

I'm trying to repair my dock connector, and microphone. I've got the parts I need. But NOTHING online shows me how to repair these things. I NEED help. Please let me know of any tips, tricks, or links that could help me out. Cause I've looked everywhere, and I've got NOTHING.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

This is the problem with the new generation of DIY-ers
    They think they know how to do everything because they "saw something online"

who takes something apart without first knowing how they are going to fix anything

honestly what the hell where you thinking

3. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

take the old thing (that looks like the new thing you bought) out and put the new thing in its place. That's how I repair electronics.... :D

4. djshott thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, I'm doing great.... thanks for asking. I asked for help, not insults. I took MY phone apart seeking to repair water damage. Don't be so offended. I was successful at cleaning up the inside of the phone, but the dock connector has corrosion that can't just be "cleaned", it HAS to be repaired. So paying $75 for something that I can do myself sounds ridiculous. (with or without help online... I'll get it done.)

But I appreciate your passion... though it may need to be redirected.

5. djshott thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, yeah. But the hard part is getting to where the old thing is without damaging the necessary functions/parts of the phone.

6. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

7. Janneb macrumors newbie

Connector replacement

I am in the same situation now. Do you get any solution or description for replacement of the connector