Dock connector scratches?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nmork, Oct 1, 2011.

1. nmork, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

nmork macrumors regular

I know this is completely OCD, and that it's probably not going to make any difference at all, but I'm curious - has anyone else noticed that the USB cable has made marks inside the dock connector of their iPhone 4? Has it caused any issues with performance? (edit: mine hasn't, just wondering if it could in the future)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't tell if they're scratches or what - I can't clean them, but I'm guessing part of that is because I don't have anything small enough to fit in there.

Just happened to notice it when I was cleaning the dust out of the speaker/mic, and figured I'd ask because god knows we need a thread that's NOT related to next Tuesday.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

thanks for not making a thread about iph5. I have the same scratches in the dock connector it does not affect performance at all. I know it is really annoying but oh well :)

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I saw scratches like those in my previous one. It should be normal since it would be really difficult to insert the cable in it so carefully that it doesn't scratch the inside a bit. Try to forget about it since you don't look at that part of the device often and it won't decrease any function of the phone.

4. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

I have a black model so even with a flashlight I cannot tell if there are scratches there or not.