Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
I noticed when I rotate the phone from landscape to portrait and back again several times my dock becomes corrupted. Often showing icons behind the dock icons or just flickering. I can only get a screenshot in landscape mode to show the problem. Screenshot in portrait mode just shows a black background and not the actual flickering or other visual defects. Anyone else experience this defect?

This is on an Iphone 6s Plus model.

iOS 10 pb4c.png

Last edited:

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
I submitted the feedback through the app so hopefully they will look into the issue.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Reset the device and lock the device in portrait mode until the next beta :)

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012

Funny thing is that I actually don't like the screen rotation on my homescreen anyway. But I do like it when I am in apps or photo library. I wish there was a way to lock it just for the homescreen.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
There are more glitches like this in DP5 than any previous beta. Must be some pretty big change in the engine.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
This works until you use apps that only work in landscape. Once I closed the app my dock went crazy again. It's frustrating that this bug made it through internal testing when it's so easy to replicate and affects so many different iOS devices.

Hype-149

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
I noticed when I rotate the phone from landscape to portrait and back again several times my dock becomes corrupted. Often showing icons behind the dock icons or just flickering. I can only get a screenshot in landscape mode to show the problem. Screenshot in portrait mode just shows a black background and not the actual flickering or other visual defects. Anyone else experience this defect?

This is on an Iphone 6s Plus model.

View attachment 644332

Mines a little bit different, see pictures attached. It's the background solid colour that gets all messed up when I turn my device right to left:

I've just sent in feedback for it. This just started on Public Beta 4 on my device.

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: lordofthereef

iamjose

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2011
Mines a little bit different, see pictures attached. It's the background solid colour that gets all messed up when I turn my device right to left:

I've just sent in feedback for it. This just started on Public Beta 4 on my device.

This just happened to me today at work... running iOS 10 beta 5

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Did anyone try a dfu restore to see if it fixes the issue? Edit: turning off perspective wallpaper fixes the issue, as said by another member. Edit: No, its back again!

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013

They really need to get rid of the solid background for a dock. It looks horrendous and ruins wallpapers.

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Hopefully, everyone is submitting the issue to Apple so they will become aware of the problem. I have also experienced the issue where the dock background just disappears. Mine was not just partial. Rather the whole dock background disappeared making it look like it was transparent. Then the icons started getting all distorted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudodonbond

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2015
USA
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Hopefully, everyone is submitting the issue to Apple so they will become aware of the problem. I have also experienced the issue where the dock background just disappears. Mine was not just partial. Rather the whole dock background disappeared making it look like it was translucent. Then the icons started getting all distorted.
Happened to me and as soon as you put them in wiggle mode and move them they do what happened to me

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
They really need to get rid of the solid background for a dock. It looks horrendous and ruins wallpapers.

Agreed, I would love to be able to turn of the dock background and make the home screen uniform.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.