dock disappears

Discussion in 'macOS' started by manhattanmania, Dec 2, 2007.

1. manhattanmania macrumors regular

quite an annoying problem:

pretty often when waking from sleep or after the display gets turned off my dock will disappear and ill have to get to terminal through spotlight to restart it. once or twice the spotlight button actually also disappeared, forcing a log out to get them back. any ideas on how to remedy this?

(leopard)

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

3. walnuts macrumors 6502

Hey actualy I have the same problem, though it happens in a specific instance for me. When I leave the computer with a DVD or itunes video paused in full screen mode, and let it sleep, when I wake it up again the computer wakes with itunes or DVD player in a window mode and dock is gone.

My fix shows my fear of terminal. Instead, I simply put the video player back into full-screen mode, and when I exit full screen mode, the dock is back where it was supposed to be.

4. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

5. manhattanmania thread starter macrumors regular

this was a fresh install of leopard.

6. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

I had this happen yesterday. No idea what triggered it. I messed about with the dock prefs but it would not return. However, as soon as I repaired permissions, it came back to life, albeit hidden. So I just turned hiding off again and all was well.
    Im not sure how the permissions repair fixed this for me, because although it did repair a dozen or so errors, none of them looked to be dock related.
    Either way, its worth a go for anyone else that comes across this little bug.