Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gibbo18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Nottingham
I downloaded Dock Doctor and used it to change the theme of the dock. I then went to the spaces section and without reading the warning at the top added a space in the dock and want to get rid of it. Ive tried to reset the dock through the application but the space stays there.

Is there a way to remove the space or like factory reset the Dock???

Thank you

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
You could edit the preference file to remove the space or just delete it to reset it back to default. Note it will also take out your spaces preferences and expose preferences.

You will have to restart the dock for the changes to take effect.

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

Always best to make a backup of the files just in case.

gibbo18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Nottingham
I tried deleting that file and restarting but i still have that space on the right side. Is there any way to factory reset the Dock or is that not possible??

Thanks

dap1215

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
Grab the space like you would grab a app icon to remove it and pull up. It should turn to trash looking deal and go away. Easy as pie.

gbanks1

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2008
reno nv
perfect-

Grab the space like you would grab a app icon to remove it and pull up. It should turn to trash looking deal and go away. Easy as pie.

worked great- sent hours tryin to figure this out and this fixed in a few seconds- thanks;)

Hiramcito10

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
Heeeelp !!!

I ruined my dock with dock doctor application, i start clicking spaces and i ruined it, now i need help getting it back to normal.

I attached the photo so you can see how my desktop looks

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 128

timothy632

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2009
hope to help

Launch Terminal, in Applications » Utilities.

Type killall Dock.

this should restart your dock.

Hiramcito10

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
Trashed everything ! still ruined :( i'm starting to think ima have to reboot my mac, but the thing is i dont have the cd and i got all this cool programs i dont wanna loose

Hiramcito10

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
NVM i fixed it !!! just click on the platform and move up and when u see a cloud let go , it will pact the applications back together . thxs every1

midniter

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Sorry to barge in like this... but having a diff issue with DockDoctore here ....

It won't change my background dock anymore...
I tried deleting the files in the /Applications/docdoctor/dock folder

How do i reset these folders.... I wanted to change the background to another color :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.