Dock effects

Discussion in 'macOS' started by krewelement394, Oct 9, 2008.

1. krewelement394 macrumors regular

krewelement394

i am currently running the latest version of mac os x

when i first got my mac about 2 months ago, it had some cool effects on the dock and when i clicked on a program/application it oppened it up with like a zoom effect i cant explain it other than that.... but 3 weeks ago i turned off some effects that i did not like such as the magnified thing, and the automatic hiding dock thing... but anywho i think i might had turned off that feature too somehow. how can i turn it back on?:apple:

2. Icestorm815 macrumors member

you would click on the apple up in the upper left-hand corner, go down to dock, then click on dock preferences. There you can change all the dock settings, such as the magnification, hiding, etc.

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

That "zoom" thing is not a Dock effect. Its an effect in Finder when you open applications or files.

4. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

ooooh no wonder i couldnt find it on the dock preffrences! so where do i go to make that zoom effect? please let me know...!

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

You can't turn it off with any default GUI metod, so it should still be on. Go and open any application or a document from Finder.

6. krewelement394 thread starter macrumors regular

krewelement394

it doesnt do it anymore...:[