Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chinhiphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
so i have an application folder and downloads folder on my dock, is there any way i can auto open in finder when i click it? it doesnt have the option when i right click to od that

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
So the following doesn't work?

4604894143_0dd44a9e21_o.png

waffles123

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
Make an alias of your application's folder, and drag that to the right side of the dock. When you click on the new alias in the dock, it will automatically open finder.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Make an alias of your application's folder, and drag that to the right side of the dock. When you click on the new alias in the dock, it will automatically open finder.

What? Since everything in the Dock is a kind of alias, it's redundant to make an alias and drag it to the Dock.

waffles123

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
What? Since everything in the Dock is a kind of alias, it's redundant to make an alias and drag it to the Dock.

The guy wants to be able to click once on his Application's Stack, and go directly to the Application's folder in Finder. If you make an alias of it, and drag it into the dock, clicking once will directly open in Finder, not a stack.

For example, clicking on this:
DuWwXruniSDDJgoSvq1EM0dSrBsiSVWC_m.png

will directly take you to this:
01FdQrA3Edq3Bw91vI9dgFWIlenajCTs_m.png

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
The guy wants to be able to click once on his Application's Stack, and go directly to the Application's folder in Finder. If you make an alias of it, and drag it into the dock, clicking once will directly open in Finder, not a stack.

If by "auto open" you mean with one click, the answer is no.

Edit: Last word in second quote should be changed to "yes". ;) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.