Dock for Iphone 3G with case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by edtorious, May 4, 2009.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Does anybody know where I can get a dock charger for an Iphone 3G with a case on that will fit? The powerdock from Griffin looks cool but I only need for only 1 Iphone. I know I could get one of those case with slider on the bottom but I'm not a fan of them cases. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Kilger macrumors newbie

I'm also interested in a dock that can be used with a case, picked up the griffin aircurve today as I was just wanting a simple dock to sync my phone with only to find out you couldn't use it with a case.

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Incase has the two-part cases where you can take the bottom part off and it will fit nicely on the dock.

4. theman510 macrumors 6502

I've been wondering this too. I'll be getting my first iPhone ever on Monday and I'm pumped and I'll also probably be getting the Incase Slider. I know the bottom is removable to dock it but that seems like it would be a pain to do every time. Are there any docks that people are using that can confirm the iPhone with an Incase Slider will fit without having to remove the bottom?

5. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

The Griffin Simplifi without any dock insert will work.

6. meglet macrumors member

meglet

This, or Apple's Universal Dock. The iPod Classic or iPod 5G dock inserts should fit the iPhone in the case.

7. emaja macrumors 68000

It will work, just like the Apple dock will work. I didn't want to take the case off to dock it, so I just took out the insert. Works fine.

8. teduardo macrumors newbie

Seidio makes the Innodock that is supposed to allow for charging with a case on. I've got one on order, so I still haven't tried it yet (well, my iphone is still on order too, so hopefully they both arrive soon!).

There are two versions:
    The Innodock Jr. in black for syncing and charging, and the regular Innodock in silver for syncing, charging, and audio out. They are both the same size, but the Innodock Jr. costs $10 less (and looks better, IMO).

[​IMG]

9. JonboyDC macrumors regular

I have a Slider, and I like it as a case, but I cannot take the bottom part off easily -- it is a very tight fit. Maybe others have had a different experience, though.

10. V4705 macrumors 6502

same here with the contour flick,
    the taking off and on isn't smoothly enough to be a daily act.

i just dock it to the universal dock without any adapter and its fine.

11. retrospects macrumors regular

i love these but then i hate them! i had one on my iphone first gen and it worked AMAZING but the downfall is that the bottom part is going to be where it breaks. mine broke about 3 weeks ago but now i have 3g and some sillicone case from walmart and honestly it works amazing!

12. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

I'm interested to know what you think about this when you get it. I'd appreciate if you could post pics and your review. I'm still doubtful about this because of the curve shape on the side. I have a bulky case and really need a dock that will take an Iphone with a bulky case. Thanks.

13. squarejp macrumors newbie

That's my solution to your case with $27.99 after applying the coupon code I've found for Griffin Technology online purchase. The Griffin Simplif is $35 with 20% off.

I think this is way better than the overpriced Apple Universal Dock with useless remote control and it doesn't work together with the Component AV Cable. This Griffin Simplifi also looks better and more practical with memory card readers and USB hubs.

Attached Files:

14. dano31415 macrumors newbie

15. MartyG374 macrumors newbie

It was great finding this thread. I need a dock that will fit my phone with the Countour case. I would go for the Griffin Simplifi if I knew it get. The photo above shows a similar case but I just wanted to know if anyone else has used this combination and it did work/fit?

if not, the other two models pictured above would do the trick too.

many thanks,

-Marty

16. barnaby117 macrumors member

barnaby117

Great thread! I've been looking to put a dock on my Christmas list that will fit my 3gs with an InCase Slider. I really like the made2dock option—thanks!