Dock for iPhone 5/5s with leather case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thelead, Oct 18, 2013.

1. thelead macrumors 6502

Is there anything? The only thing I've seen that would work is the HiRise and I'm not fond of the look with an iPhone.

The EverDock looks very intriguing but it's not currently available and who knows when it will really come out.

I guess the apple dock wouldn't be that bad except for the fact that the leather case is so damn hard to take off. I also read somewhere today that apple is telling official dock manufacturers to create the lightning plug with a 30-pin sized base around the connector. If true, we won't be seeing any apple certified docks that will work with a case.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Charge-Audio-iPhone-Generation/dp/B00ABDJ3YU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382147138&sr=8-3&keywords=Belkin+audio+dock+iPhone+5

Works perfectly. Have two of them. One for syncing and one for charging. Only downside is you have to use your own lightning cable compared to the other Belkin dock, but that one doesn't work with the Apple leather case.

3. thelead thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there a gap underneath the case when it's docked? It seemed like the cable sat to high on that dock.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Not really. The cable can be pushed down or pulled up depending on how thick the bottom of your case is. I have it pushed all the way down with the Apple leather case and it seems to be pretty flush.

I've purchased both of mine from this seller/link. Fast shipping and about 33% cheaper than other retailers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CMR15Z8/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

5. thelead thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link. Do you happen to know if an ipad mini would work with the dock?

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I don't know personally but I think it should. A full size iPad may be unstable but a mini should work fine. That's what I'm hoping for at least once I get my mini.

7. zzz99 macrumors regular

8. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

9. zzz99 macrumors regular

I see... I have Elago Outfit and Timberland leather case, they both work fine with this dock.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

The built in lightning cable has a base that is too wide for the Apple leather case. I originally had this dock, but had to get a new one or ditch the leather case. I like the case too much.

11. mjt57 macrumors regular

mjt57

Why would Apple stipulate this for Lightning adapters?

And do you have a link?

I'm finding it difficult to find a clock radio dock which will allow me to use my Speck case on the phone. Generally, on these docks the base of the connector is flush with the surface of the dock so it leaves no clearance for any case which is fitted.

But if it had a raised base the size of a 30 pin adapter then all the cases have to do is to be slotted so that that rebate fits inside of the case.

12. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

The Apple Leather Case ALMOST fits on the dock, but doesn't go down far enough to make a connection. I tried it out in the Apple Store as I was going to buy it. I ended up with the HiRise.

13. zzz99 macrumors regular

I blame Apple for this, why would they make 1 dock for iPhone with no case...

I will stick with this Belkin until Apple has an universal dock next year...

By the way, I was using this with 5.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ADDM6HE/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14. Synomenon macrumors regular