Dock friendly case without flashback?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ishouldbeking, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Ishouldbeking macrumors newbie

I'm having trouble finding a case that meets my needs. I own both a Magpul Field and the Magpul Executive Field cases, currently using the thicker Field case which I much prefer. Only issues are that the case won't allow docking with my current dock/stereo (it connects but only intermittently and frequently disengages), and I'm getting some serious flashback when I use the flash in a dark room. I photograph a lot of concerts and this is becoming a deal breaker. I've popped the case off at times and noticed an immediate improvement in flash pictures. And yes, I tried the black sharpie trick on the Magpul.

In general I really like the look and feel of the Magpul, but I'm willing to experiment in order to find a working solution. Anyone got a case recommendation that can dock reasonably well and take good flash photos?

2. Ishouldbeking thread starter macrumors newbie

anybody? doesn't seem hard to find a case that won't flashback, but one that can dock reasonably well seems like a huge challenge.

even a case that can be easily taken on and off would work. My fiance has a Mophie battery-type case which works pretty well and slides on and off easily, but i don't need the battery, the bulk, or the pricetag involved.