Dock glitches, icon stays in background

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hh83917, Oct 28, 2007.

1. hh83917 macrumors 6502

Did anyone experience Dock glitches? I am on a dual g5 and the dock works pretty smooth for me. When I installed Microsoft Office for Mac, after the installation, they add new icons in my dock (Word, excel...etc.). However, when the dock restarted, my left most icon (Finder icon) got stuck in the background and I can't click it. The rest of the the dock is fine with Genie effect when I move the mouse over them, but the finder icon shrunk and was stuck to the background. Did anyone have the same problem? I know it's the first Leopard version, but I hope they issue some updates soon, there's alot of hiccups waiting to be covered... :(

2. closet geek macrumors member

I have a similar issue. Dock with magnification on when you open the system preferences (for example) and click somewhere inside that window (not on an option just inside the window) if you then move your cursor to the dock the icons do not magnify and you have to click on the dock to activate it. This was not the case in Tiger.

3. chiefillini macrumors regular

I have a weird thing with ms office icons. They how up when in the dock but when you look at them in Finder there is just a white box where the icon should be. Any ideas, anyone else have this problem?
    Later

4. hh83917 thread starter macrumors 6502

According to the Ars Technica's lengthy review on Leopard, Leopard have moved toward Cocoa apps. So Adobe and Microsoft have some catch-up to do because they have large libraries of Carbon stuff.

"The last vestiges of the original Macintosh API are finally being put to rest. They've done their job and are being given a decent burial, I think. A slow, almost natural transition. Bugs will be fixed in the 32-bit Carbon APIs, of course, but no new features will be added. All new GUI APIs in Leopard and future Mac OS X releases will be added as Cocoa-only APIs."

Could this be some of the problem we are experiencing? Or is it just the dock that's being buggy?... since chiefillini is also having problem with his MS office icons... (I encountered the problem after installing ms office as well).

I just hope they fix it soon, for me, force quitting the Dock made it work normally again so I didn't have a chance to take a screenshot and post it up here.

5. closet geek macrumors member

Bump. Can anyone else confirm this issue? I don't remember it being present with Tiger.