Dock graphic missing when switching profiles

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Sir Ruben, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Strange problem that seems to happen most of the time. I have one main profile (mine) which is booted most of the time. However when my daughter logs in to her profile the shiny glass-like dock graphic is not there. However all the dock icons are still present and functional.

If I log out of the profile and back in it displays as it should. Does anyone else get this or have a solution. Its an annoying niggle that gets on my nerves lol

2. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

This is basically what Im getting:

[​IMG]

also launchpad has a dimmed effect to it:

[​IMG]

3. g-7 macrumors 6502

g-7

I hate it too. Happens on my iMac when I use fast user switching. Restarting the Dock ("killall Dock" in Terminal) helps.

Open AppleScript Editor and type in the following script:

Code:
    do shell script "killall Dock"
    Save it as an application, name it Restart Dock or something. When your Dock loses its background, just double-click Restart Dock icon.

You may put it in the Dock ;)

4. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Thanks thats actually very useful. At least I know it happens to others as well. I was beginning to think I was the only person to have ever experienced it. Something I found hard to believe as I have just switched from Windows 7 to Mac OSX Mountain Lion and seen far more bugs than I ever expected from the almighty Mac.

The other one I particularly hate is when you view the info of a file only to find many of those details gone forevermore the second time you try to view it. Surely simple bugs for Apple to squash!?