Dock Icon Corruption

Discussion in 'macOS' started by johny5, Nov 8, 2007.

1. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Well, ive had Leopard installed for a few days and after its been booted up for a few hours some of my dock icons appear corrupted.
    I use vmware quite a bit and Leopard is installed on my 2.8ghz Imac.

the corruption only appears when you move the mouse over the icon and the icon is at its maximum size as per attached images.
    This only happens on a few icons like Isync, Safari, Firefox, Address book, and a few others.
    The corruption can either be the icon disappearing altogether or the icon having horizontal transparency bars through it.
    Anyone else having this problem? its pretty ugly and very annoying when it happens, a reboot fixes it but not for long!

Attached Files:

2. johny5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johny5

oh great, just checkout what has happened to the wonderful new "stacks" "FEATURE" with this bug.

what a complete joke.

Attached Files:

3. johny5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johny5

well I guess when others start to see this fault there might be more activity in this thread.
    for what its worth a short term fix for the Dock Icon corruption I found on here, open up terminal then type "killall -HUP Dock".

I am sure the corruption will be back, and this also didn't fix the blank stacks issue.

4. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Yeah.. Help!

I'm running a PowerMac G5 with an Ati Radeon 9600 and my dock messes up on the cursor when ever I float it over, And sometimes after closing a page/window, remnants appear on the on below, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

5. quiqueck macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem with my iMac.

Could be an issue with the ati drivers.

6. RyanFromQA macrumors member

RyanFromQA

I've been having this problem as well. I googled and found that it has something to do with going fullscreen in some applications. I had done this a couple times in certain emulators, and also in Pixelmator. Don't know if it has anything to do with it.

I'm going to try a reboot, if that doesn't get it, I'll clear the icon caches with Onyx.